Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Hawaiian & Hawaiian Guitar Records 1891-1960
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Basil Henriques
Lokahi

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  02:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Basil Henriques's Homepage
For those who cant wait to see it at its home site, there is an article in Aloha Dream here :-

web site

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  03:33:16 AM  Show Profile
Wow Basil, quite an ambitious work. Does it just concern itself only with 78's? 1960 extends into the LP era, so I'm wondering if it includes LP's and of course 45's.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Basil Henriques
Lokahi

United Kingdom
225 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  06:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Basil Henriques's Homepage
No Norman, it just covers EVERY 78 EVER made that contains Hawaiian Guitar or has a Hawaiian Connection.
1400 pages with over 10,000 entries.
John Marsden, our "Cohort" here at Aloha Dream had a significant input, and Malcolm is to be complimented in succeeding where even the Bishop Museum and the University of Hawaii Press were loathe to tread.
Comprehensive is the word that springs to mind. Now all we need is someone to co-relate all the varied information from the Vinyl collectors worldwide and we'll have it all in a nutshell !!

Edited by - Basil Henriques on 08/21/2007 06:26:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000