Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Good Luck to SCSKS Members & others in the Fires
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  07:23:45 AM  Show Profile
Here is a NOAA enhanced picture of the smoke streaming off the coast more than 1000 miles:

Yesterday morning there was a haze in the Santa Clara Valley. Some of the smoke from SoCal had blown out to sea then turned north and blew back in up here in Northern California. Pretty unusual.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 10/25/2007 07:25:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  11:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakou,
The "CAPT Mike" Clan is safe and sound and back home. I posted a snippet of our experiences here, under Stories of Aloha.
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=2&TOPIC_ID=5882#38714

Thank you all for your calls and concern. It kept our spirits up. I think the SCSKS will be back in full force on Tuesday at our weekly Open Mike with stories to tell and beautiful ki ho'alu to play. I have had more "smokey" time to practice. Maybe Bill will have a new "fire song" to play for us.

E Malama Pono

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear everything is OK for you Mike.

Does anyone know about Dusty?

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  2:22:14 PM  Show Profile
Dusty lives in Valley Center. Last I heard on Monday was he was still at home. But an evacuation notice went out for Valley Center several hours after that. I'll email him and find out.

Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  2:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Glad to hear you are ok Mike! Hope to hear from Dusty, Rik, and other TP'ers. Had some friends with close calls, but they are fine. - Mags
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  3:16:03 PM  Show Profile
Maggie,
Here is the latest fire map. I live in grid 1148 and I think CPatch does as well. Keith Marzullo lives in grid 1147 to the west of us -- he stayed in the smoke the whole time. Ken lives in grid 1128 a few miles north of me and stayed with Bill B and consumed some home brew before heading back home. Bill's house is in grid 1106:
http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/newsreleases/10252007_1730hrs_Evac_FirePerem.pdf
Terry stayed at his house in grid 1230, and although close, was not told to evacuate. The Cedar Fire a few years ago burned all the way to his back porch so there wasn't much fuel left this time -- the Witch Creek fire didn't head his way.
Rik lives several miles north of me in grid 1128, was close to the Coronado Hills fire and was packed with Zoom and guitars and returned after the fire was contained.
Dusty in grid 1090 was affected by the Witch Creek Fire after the Santa Ana winds died down (heading west to the sea) and the onshore "sea" breeze started to fill in. The fire was forced back on itself and pushed north from Escondido toward Valley Center. I haven't heard from him since Monday.
I think Ralph lives in grid 1271 and may have been close to the Harris fire and Mount Miguel. I haven't heard.

Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  6:42:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Thanks for the update on folks and the great grid map for reference. You all have been in our thoughts, so mahalo for checking in, brah! Hope we hear from Dusty and Ralph soon. - Malama pono...Mags
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  06:45:31 AM  Show Profile
Ralph is Ok and at home.

Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  08:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
I just talked to Dusty -- they're leaving Temecula to go back -- he's already been to his place and it's fine, just a lot of mess in the back yard like us.

They went wine tasting yesterday and he sounds AOK.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  11:42:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh Man, I love you guys.

Bill, in the face of disaster (which blessedly didn't happen), checks out some neat brews (BTW, Bill, Sarah and I drank Donnington, Stanway, both from the cask in pubs, and 7 different Hook Nortons at the 1800's brewery - we thought of you. But the closest we could come to our fave was Dogfish Head Indian Nut Brown,of which we have a large stash).

Dusty and Sheila, to recover from certain disaster (which blessedly didn't happen), taste some lovely grape juice.

I love it, and to celebrate, Sarah and I are going to to toast all of you SoCal crazies with Ridge Monte Bello 1985 tonight.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  2:38:07 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo for all of the good thoughts and concern. We were evacuated Tuesday at about 5 am. We were fortunate to find a limited window when I-15 was open north to Temecula and stayed with some good friends there. We returned home today, Friday afternoon. No major damage but lots of cleanup to do.

Dusty

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  3:05:20 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Mika ele

Maggie,
Here is the latest fire map. I live in grid 1148 and I think CPatch does as well. Keith Marzullo lives in grid 1147 to the west of us -- he stayed in the smoke the whole time. Ken lives in grid 1128 a few miles north of me and stayed with Bill B and consumed some home brew before heading back home. Bill's house is in grid 1106:
http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/newsreleases/10252007_1730hrs_Evac_FirePerem.pdf
Terry stayed at his house in grid 1230, and although close, was not told to evacuate. The Cedar Fire a few years ago burned all the way to his back porch so there wasn't much fuel left this time -- the Witch Creek fire didn't head his way.
Rik lives several miles north of me in grid 1128, was close to the Coronado Hills fire and was packed with Zoom and guitars and returned after the fire was contained.
Dusty in grid 1090 was affected by the Witch Creek Fire after the Santa Ana winds died down (heading west to the sea) and the onshore "sea" breeze started to fill in. The fire was forced back on itself and pushed north from Escondido toward Valley Center. I haven't heard from him since Monday.
I think Ralph lives in grid 1271 and may have been close to the Harris fire and Mount Miguel. I haven't heard.

Actually, we're in grid 1071.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  7:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
eh, if no can open da grid, is dat "gridlock?"

Dusty and all: Glad you're Ok...A very tense bunch of days, and I'm sure the effects will be felt long after the headlines make room for something else...
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2007 :  11:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to say that I'm glad everyone has survived so far. I'll always be praying for each and every one of you out in that area.

Aloha!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  2:03:20 PM  Show Profile
hope things are getting better...
prayers from Colorado...
Go to Top of Page