Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Jake's Concert...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahimahi
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  5:45:12 PM  Show Profile
Don't know where to drop this message and I thought this would be an appropriate place...I saw Jake Shimabukuro live at the Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center last night....Jake was on fire !!!.though I thought the set was a bit small it turned out just about right...I'm sure he could have gone all night with the audience, but he needed to catch a plane home to Honolulu today....He's such an inspiration and one can see the notes resonating through out his body...Jake has such a great rapport with the audience as he talked story and later signed CDs and posed with the audience for photos...some artists enjoy this while others simply won't make the time to mingle ...it goes both way...Jake has such a humbleness and spreads the true Aloha spirit...James

NANI
Lokahi

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  03:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit NANI's Homepage
I have seen and met Jake several times and he never changes still the same nice guy he was when I met him 6 or 7 years ago in an airport in Kauai he just sat around and played Uke and entertained everyone waiting for our planes that were delayed due to weather not many people knew who he was back then. What a treat. I agree with you that he is still someone that seems to enjoy meeting and being in contact with his audience.

"A hui hou kakou, malama pono".
Nancy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000