Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 wait'll next year!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  2:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Well...congrats to my Rockies on an unbelievable ride...
the Red Sox were too good...
But the rest of Rocktober was great here...
Being in a Club box with 50,000 fans for NLCS was a hoot...
and our players make about a fourth of what those guys pull in...
They also are known for visiting cancer kids at Children's Hospital...class guys.

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  3:50:39 PM  Show Profile
I don't know what our Indians did to wake up the Red Sox. When they looked about done, they blew out the oven and tore up Hell's half-acre. The way the Rockies walked all over the Division series and the NLCS, I figured they were going to take a superhuman effort to stay up with. Boston musta been playin' possum those 3 games we won. We've been saying next year as long as I can remember. Let's kani ka pila at the Rockies/Indians World Series NEXT YEAR!
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  6:33:41 PM  Show Profile
I for one am damn tired of "waiting `til next year". I've been waiting all my life til next year. What I am going to have to do is win the lotto and then buy the Indians from the cheap Dolan who now owns them. Then I will run the club the way I wanat and I will buy the players I know we should have and I will move the outfield fence back a bit. And I will get Omar back here in some capacity (boy can I ever think of a capacity). And I will not hire good pitchers when they are past their prime. And I would make sure my guys know how to play little ball. The Indians have always lived or died with the long ball. As it gets cold in Cleveland in October, them long balls no mo fly as the cold makani comes off the lake.

I sure would not hire Black Jack McDowell or John Rocker. I would hire tony Pena as my pitching coach and let him whip the boys around a bit. I would only hire nice boys who don't beat their wives like Juan Gonzales. I would find a closer with the mean look of Mike Jackson and with the bulldog attitude of Orel Hershiser. I would find me a pitcher like Luis Tiant and Sonny Siebert and Sam McDowell (without the booze habit). I would find a second baseman the caliber of Robbie Alomar. I would find me a Max Alvis somewhere. Well, OK, Victor is a good catcher, but not aggressive enough with the pitchers to suit me.

All I need are the bucks. Ha-ha. They have been talking about Torre coming to Cleveland. In your dreams, Torre.

Can you tell I am disappointed with the Indians? It is the curse of Rocky Colavito. They are cursed until they get rid of the Chief Wahoo cartoon which is so derogatory to the Native Americans. I would just call them the Cleveland Team or something equally generic.

OK, I am pau. Going hiamoe.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

T-Dan
Lokahi

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  8:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit T-Dan's Homepage
Da Dodgahs wen' get da patent on da phrase "wait 'til nex' yeah..." If dey nevah wen' fold aftah da all-stah break, da Rockies' hot shtreak nevah wen' mattah, but oh, well....I was rooting for da Rockies in da Worl' Series 'cuz da National League mo' bettah, 'aswai, 'cuz no moah da designated hittah...I wish it wen' go seven games...I hate sweeps in da series laidat....
Heard on ESPN radio dat Joe Torre might be coming to da Dodgahs...But only one rumor, still yet....
Go to Top of Page

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2007 :  9:17:41 PM  Show Profile
Wanda as owner of the Indians . . . playing her `ukulele at Board & team meetings . . . probably making all players buy ukes and requiring minimum uke proficiency . . . firing staff with songs . . . plate lunch in all the concession stands . . . the "Hukilau Song" instead of "take me out to the ball game" (or at least in addition to it) . . .

. . . sorry Wanda, the images just started to come at me so quickly! :)

Don
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  12:55:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey - them images aint so bad.

But, nah, if I were the owner of the Indians, I wouldn't make them play `ukes. I'd make them play baseball. My way.

And no dreadlocks in baseball. Just like in a League of their Own , "There's no crying in baseball".

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  05:55:59 AM  Show Profile
As a perennially disappointed Mariners fan, I sympathize with all of the above. I am happy, though, that I won a bet with my dad about the World Series outcome. He now owes me a plate lunch, but I have to go to Hawai`i to collect within a year (yeah, I know, tough for me). As long as A-Rod doesn't sign with Boston, the RSox will continue to be my second favorite team.
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2007 :  3:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Don, you left out who would sing The Star Spangled Banner. Richard Ho'opi'i, I'm guessin'.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000