Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Kawaihao Church/Cemetary
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile
Is this factual? From You Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UupJ_ORbcEU
Kawaiahao Church and old Hawaiian buildings and Graveyard.
These old buildings will soon be demolished to make way for a new modern blocky piece of modern architecture. The graveyard is in such a state, to show the level of respect afforded by the contemporary living toward the long dead, their artifacts and their memory, whose home is found here, littered with our detrius. They have fourteen million dollars to spend on demolition of old architecture and construction of new buildings, but apparently not a red cent for maintenance of the sacred grounds and the final resting place of many early denizens of this island.
Kawaiahao church... This venerable structure and surroundings has a very imporant place in Hawaiian History.
Ka Wai A Ha'o
The water (fresh water pools) of Chiefess Ha'o.
More info at our web site.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Now, here is what I think. In the 9 minutes or more that it took him to make this film, there could be lots of trash cleaned up. I would have bent down and picked up stuff. I hope his outrage did not stop at making the film. I hope he brought his wife and kids and grand kids and brothers and sisters and neighbors to clean it up. I would hope anyone walking past there would bend down and pick up some trash.

Yikes.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000