Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 New Oz guitar material?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  4:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I still have a Z on my forhead...
So, I forgot to ask all the buckaroos and buckarettes...while I was out in the REAL west...
Did I hear of a new Ozzie Kotani publication...either book, dvd, bumper sticker, or 8 track tape?

I did pick up the "Ki Ho alu ...Vol. 1 (and instructional method for Slack Key Guitar)
the dvd, last summer, and it seemed like it was perhaps the first wave of a pending release.
It has some tunes with tab on screen, and then some where he presents the tunes without...including "Maika'i Ka Makani O Kahala", "Pauoa Kiko Ka Lehua" and more...
Is there anything even newer in Oz world?
Cause ya know the Fat Man in Der Big Red Suit is comin' in from Karl's quadrant.

(While I may not be as far west as some of ya'll, I play der fiddle, and that makes me Western...
GDAE ---yaaahhoodi menuhin!

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  8:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
See this topic:

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6099

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

DaKineViking
Aloha

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  06:10:24 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kapila Kane

So, I forgot to ask all the buckaroos and buckarettes...while I was out in the REAL west...
Did I hear of a new Ozzie Kotani publication...either book, dvd, bumper sticker, or 8 track tape?

I did pick up the "Ki Ho alu ...Vol. 1 (and instructional method for Slack Key Guitar)
the dvd, last summer, and it seemed like it was perhaps the first wave of a pending release.
It has some tunes with tab on screen, and then some where he presents the tunes without...including "Maika'i Ka Makani O Kahala", "Pauoa Kiko Ka Lehua" and more...
Is there anything even newer in Oz world?
Cause ya know the Fat Man in Der Big Red Suit is comin' in from Karl's quadrant.

(While I may not be as far west as some of ya'll, I play der fiddle, and that makes me Western...
GDAE ---yaaahhoodi menuhin!

da DVD i wen jus get is at Oz's www.slack-key.net and is called Guitar Playing Hawaiian Style with Ozzie Kotani. Hope dis helps.

Lona
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  08:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kapila Kane

Ah, you'd make Ranger Doug, Too Slim, and Woody proud!

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

JCat
Aloha

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  9:33:03 PM  Show Profile
Just want to say that I received my recently ordered "Playing guitar Hawaiian Style" DVD by Ozzie Kotani, and have watched it a few times now. From my perspective it is a great help to me--I am relatively new to guitar, and an "old dog" to boot so learning new tricks is a challenge.

Ozzie's book, and now his DVD, are helping make my quest to make my own ki ho 'alu music quite enjoyable.

Thanks to y'all for mentioning this DVD.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  08:28:14 AM  Show Profile
quote:
quote:
: Yes, I still have a Z on my forhead...

Ah, you'd make Ranger Doug, Too Slim, and Woody proud!

But did you get that "Z" the Cowboy Way??

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Podagee57
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  10:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Podagee57's Homepage

quote:
But did you get that "Z" the Cowboy Way??
Darn, I can't believe I didn't think of that one!

What? You mean high "E" is the TOP string. No way dude! That changes everything!
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  10:29:03 PM  Show Profile
Not the Cowboy Way...
I got it the E-bay area, z-way.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 12/14/2007 11:51:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  3:07:09 PM  Show Profile
The Cowboy way- OW OW OW! That would hurt.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  11:29:38 PM  Show Profile
I prefer BRAND-X.
And the cowboy way is tougher--when you wear Birks...
It's the ABC's and XYZ's of the ol' west.
that's why in Colorado we roast and eat the Rattlesnakes, and Drink lots of the Cactus Juice.
Keeps the toes warmer and safer.
Of course, maybe the Birks explain the ol' frostbitten toes.

Anyway, Dead Rattlesnakes tell no tales, and we cowboys always keep the Cactus Juice flowing... just in case.
Now, since we play guitar, some of the boys get their nails done....BUT they use a
nail-gun.
I mean, have you tasted Ol' Cookie's beans? And the sushi in Wyoming is as dangerous as it gets!!...Except, of course, the Rocky Mountain Oysters--they're fresh off the boat. (or is it goat?)
And we don't use Wasabi.
Kimosabe.

Edited by - Kapila Kane on 12/16/2007 11:34:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000