Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 What are you grateful for 2007?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  3:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
As the year is drawing to a close, I just wanted to ask what are you grateful for 2007? As for me, here is the list that I made:

My friends and the friendships that I made here on TP Mahalo nui!
My Hawaiian artists/musicians friends: Bryan Tolentino, Weldon Kekauoha, Alika-Boy Kalauli, Stephen Inglis, Raiatea Helm, Uncle Dennis Kamakahi, and many others
My family and friends
My health
My job

Mahalo nui loa and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Alana :)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Edited by - hawaiianmusiclover06 on 12/28/2007 10:20:48 AM

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  3:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Just having the right to be 'Alika!

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  07:56:11 AM  Show Profile
Oportunities for meeting new people, chances to play music, having good friends and family that put up with me, having qualified techs to work on my instruments, humor, ono grinds etc.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2007 :  08:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Happy New Year everyone! There is much to be grateful for in 2007. In 2007, Taropatch.net turned 5 years old and had 263 new registered members.

I traded many postings and emails with interesting folks from all over the world. I got to see some of you in person and jam some too. Hope to see more of you in 2008!

Musically, I had lots of cool gigs this year (more than in 2005 and 2006 combined.) Highlights included playing with the Waihee crew at the Taro Festival in Hana and opening for the Sons in New Hampshire. But everything in between including a bridal shower, sweet sixteen, fundraiser, company employee appreciation day, anniversary, every gig was fun, interesting, and helped improve my playing. I got to play solo and with other musicians and dancers.

Things were good on a professional and personal level too. The latter cannot be said without being most grateful for a loving wife who allows me to maintain all these extracirricular activities. Here's to wishing you all a healthy, happy and music filled 2008.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  02:04:01 AM  Show Profile
Indeed, there is much to be grateful for. I am most of all grateful that I am here to wish all of you the best in the new year. I am most thankful for my most wonderful husband of almost 35 years. He fetches me my blenderized/pureed food whenever I get hungry. He sat in the bathroom while I showered the first few times after I came home from the hospital in case I should get faint. He reads low-salt recipe books to make me tasteful delights. He reads me stories while I am too doped up to be able to read to myself. He plays me music. He makes me laugh. He cleans the house and does the laundry. He does the shopping. He even used the bank web site to pay bills! And in spite of it all, he kisses me every day. Now is that a swell guy or what?

I am very thankful for Taro Patch and the very good friends we have made through our contacts here. We have meet and /or corresponded with so many truly kind, sharing, giving people. I have never felt such an affinity for strangers such as I have here on Taro Patch. Matter of fact, a few short years ago, I never would have dreamed of corresponding with people from half-way across the world who I didn't know personally. I just would not have been able to open up to strangers. But, somehow, here I am. Aloha goes a long way doesn't it.

Aloha to you all. I wish you nothing but the best in 2008. Julie and Jack - I wish you health and recuperation. I wish you good spirits. Joka - I wish you all the best when that keiki hits this world a kickin' and a screamin'. (Remember, play the kiho`alu -- it will calm him down.) Andy - I wish you and your wife all the best and I offer my thanks to both you and her for the time, energy and heart you have devoted to Taro Patch. Momi and Retro - I wish you a great year and great times and I offer you heartfelt thanks for your many kindnesses. Al, I thank you for your wisdom and wise cousel and the sharing of you mana`o. I thank you for sharing your beautiful music (Hooray for the Zoom H2). Jesse - your kind heart, beautiful music and lovely singing have truly touched me and I thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. I am serious about you making a CD. Not only is it your talent that touches me, but it is your heart. Kory, Guava Sunrise, Nani, Podagee, Haole Boy, `Alika, Alana, 808bk, and all of you guys. Thanks so much for being our Taro Patch `ohana. If I have forgotten to mention any of my friends, it is because I am full of "pain meds".

I love you guys.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000