Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Noeau, now online!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  06:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I would like to point out that the beautiful voice of Noeau can now be heard on Youtube at www.youtube.com/altringali
He is backed up on some track by Retro on bass and Jay on guitar. So nahenahe!
Enjoy.
Jesse Tinsley

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  07:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Talented folks here on Taropatch.net. Thanks for sharing the link.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  08:05:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
I saw those yesterday! Funny ting i didnt recognize was Noeau at first, kept tinking, dang i know dat bugga from somewhere, den i wen realize, oh, no more cowboy hat ass why! (i havent met him but saw him perform at folklife).
I spent about 3 hours yesterday on youtube catching up on all you guys, Jesse, Sir Duke and Braddah Jay, Noeau, and a few others.Good fun, plenny talented you guys! Well i goin put on my boroboros and get back to work on my deck. I stay on vacation but working harder than i do when i working!

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  08:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hapakid

He is backed up on some track by Retro on bass and Jay on guitar.
Please forgive my occasional error - Al was doing a bunch of songs I didn't know, so I hadda pay extra attention to the changes and such.

Edited by - Retro on 06/02/2008 8:29:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  08:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Al - these are great! I thought your Pauoa Liko ka Lehua was great, but you surpassed that with Kaua`i Beauty. And your band behind you -- they ain't bad neither. Where was Momi? Was she singing and playing `ukulele behind the scenes?

And now I know how I shoulda ate my saimin at Zippy's.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  09:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Gregg - you musta been posting same time I was writing my thing. I thought I heard `ukulele and female voice and suspected it was Momi. I know she likes to fly under the radar.

Who is Jay? Is he TP `ohana?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I no foget Momi, but I know she's shy. Good harmony singer, though!

Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  12:20:14 PM  Show Profile
quote:

I no foget Momi, but I know she's shy.
Camera-shy maybe, but in person, watch out!

Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile
It was fun to play with these folks. Jay is an under the radar kind of guy. He plays well but is not a show boat. He laid down some nice lines while I just strummed chords in straight tuning on some of the songs. I thought i would share what I do with my friends when we get together. Guava where da heck you find all dem smiley guys? nunchuks and all and bang da head too. Just like me when I was learning fo make liʻdat.
Retro is too modest he is coming along as bass player real well. . They make me sound good someday retro will learn to sing and play at the same time and Jay will learn words. Oh and these are my pals they not my band. I no mo one band and when i jam witht the da oddah guyz i just one of da guyz.
Thanks for the comments.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.

Edited by - noeau on 06/04/2008 2:14:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  1:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by noeau

Retro is too modest he is coming along as bass player real well.
Only because really good musicians keep inviting me to play along with them. The talents, techniques & tunefulness of the players around here provide a constant impetus for me to practice and improve. My primary motivation as a bass player is to not make anyone else look/sound bad.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  2:37:39 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Only because really good musicians keep inviting me to play along with them.
And there's absolutely no begging involved, correct? Nah brah, you sounding shaka. When you guys played "Kauai Beauty", I kept expecting Gabby fo show is face.
quote:
The talents, techniques & tunefulness of the players around here provide a constant impetus for me to practice and improve. My primary motivation as a bass player is to not make anyone else look/sound bad.
Eh braddah Duke! I like see you try repeat alla dat in pidgin!

Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  3:11:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:

I no mo one band and when i jam witht the da oddah guyz i just one of da guyz.
Eh braddah Al, dat educational video lesson you made of youself eating saimin. Adono hacome, but da words, "Da early bird gets da worm" keeps going chru my head. Try look.

No worry brah, dass in my private Photobucket account, not on Youtube.

Yet.

Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  3:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage
E Braddah Ed, az won scream. How you did dat. Ho Al you going down in history, go try to sendem to Snake guyz dey gonna bus out laughin.
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  07:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
quote:

I would like to point out that the beautiful voice of Noeau can now be heard on Youtube at www.youtube.com/altringali
He is backed up on some track by Retro on bass and Jay on guitar. So nahenahe!
Enjoy.
Jesse Tinsley

Eh very good stuff. Al has a nice falsetto that works pretty good. Only ting - were they in a bus station on Kauai Beauty???
Al I detect a strong Gabby influence!!! Couldn't pick a better one.

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

hapuna
Lokahi

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  07:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit hapuna's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

quote:

Retro is too modest he is coming along as bass player real well.
Only because really good musicians keep inviting me to play along with them. The talents, techniques & tunefulness of the players around here provide a constant impetus for me to practice and improve. My primary motivation as a bass player is to not make anyone else look/sound bad.

Eh I thought you were finger syncing there. Are you sure your fingers touched da strings??????

hapuna
Seattle
Go to Top of Page

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2008 :  11:26:22 AM  Show Profile
Eh uncle Al dat was nice!Jay and retro das da one my braddas.I was telling auntie wanda,must be nice to be in washington and play dis music.Da green country side and da music go hand in hand,and to play with friends,even mo betta.Momi,camera get one stand? Nah,would love to see and hear more of you. I was just tinking,oh now I getting one headache,would be nice to see videos with mo aina in da background.I tink braddah duke and I goin post some videos wit some visuals of da aina in da background.Like da braddahs,instead of comedy skits,songs recorded all ovah da island.Too bad no more wigwoms crackseed place,some of da honolulu bowling alleys,old saimin stands,but still get some landmarks.I goin see wat braddah duke tink,anyway dis one fo you guys away from home,also can share wit dos who nevah hea about these places.Talk story kine,and me being da kine guy I am,maybe a small laugh. O.K I pau.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000