Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 I won a trip to Hawaii
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dfpet
Aloha

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2003 :  02:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Just thought I would share the link to a website where I won a trip to Kauai in 2001. Jerry (jlsulle) and I had a great trip and met Doug and Sandy McMaster who play nearly every night on the beach at Hanalei. We heard about them from a woman selling CDs in front of the supermarket in Princeville. We made the drive down to Hanalei about four times and got to enjoy their music twice (the other two times it rained and they don't play when it is raining). I was inspired by Sandy's playing the ukulele, accompanying Doug and wanted to buy a ukulele and learn to play. So I'm working on learning and enjoying it a lot. My learning consists of one workshop with Hiram Bell, one trip to Keola Beamer's Aloha Camp, and I currently attend a weekly class at Kaleo Cafe in San Francisco for "free" lessons. Jerry is kind enough to support me in this endeavor by driving me 140 miles round trip every Monday to play with this group of fun loving ukulele players. I say the lessons are "free" because there is no charge; however we pay $5.00 bridge toll, gas at the going price, coffee at the cafe, and a quick sandwich on the drive to San Francisco. But, it is really lots of fun and I am learning cords.
So, anyway, back to the link for the "tell a friend contest" in case you might want to be the next winner! Good luck.
See below. Aloha, Diana
"http://www.handmade-soap.com/friend_main.htm"

Diana

aplenty
Akahai

62 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2003 :  9:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit aplenty's Homepage
Aloha Diana,
I was just telling someone about you and Jerry the other day and how you won that great trip! I suggested they try signing up for the drawing you won. We hope to see you again next visit!

Just a quick update... we've got umbrellas now and so we usually play even in the rain... unless it gets too heavy... also Doug now has a nice Rainsong guitar which holds up much better in the rain. We've only missed a few evenings when the bridge closed since we enjoyed the sunset with you and Jerry.

We're hoping to have an advertising sponsor that donates a free trip to Kauai with vacation rental in Hanalei... as part of the Hanalei Music & Hula Festival. If so, it'll be another chance to win!!

Aloha nui,
Sandy & Doug
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000