Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 `Au`we
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  11:36:54 AM  Show Profile
Pooah-ting da new naybah. I seen 'um aroun, so Monday late, we waz in-back doing one small get-to-gedda and he wen smell da sweetbreads on da fire. Not da bread kine sweet bread...da uddah kine. Hoooo, pulehu wit only pa`a kai. I wen call-um ovah, so he come ovah an sit down wit us. An we staht in on da beverage(s).

So he look at da igloo and sitting insai da ice wit da beverages get the small baby-food jah and get wana inside, big fat orange buggas. Get one bes-food quart jah wit opihi about quatah size an crunchy, and one bottle wit kuhonu my frien wen bring back from Moloka`i.

Billy azz da neighbah from Wisconsin, wen insis he like try everyting...So I says, "Bruddah, little bit at one time...expecially da wana...'cus some peepo no can." Akchally, I nevah like him lua'i. He wen LOVE da sweetbreads and da na`au wa`iu da most. He nevah like da raw stuff dat much...lucky fo us. He did pretty good wit da opihi...

Anyway today...I no see 'um outsai. I go poun on da dooah. Da wife tell me he get da gout! Ouch! An den she scolding me for makin' him sick. Eh...he one big boy. All of a sudden I can hea him yellin' at da missus..."Shut up...he's never going to invite me over again."

I guess he had one good time.

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  1:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Das what mattah, no?

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  1:18:37 PM  Show Profile
Good fo you an good fo him. Planny guys, dey no like try new stuffs. I nevah try planny foods until I was ovah 18 (no kaona intended). An good fo you dat you wuz willing fo share.

Get one Japanee superstition (I cannot verify, but I read 'em somewhere) dat fo evry new food you eat, you gain 72 extra days of life. Yo naybah wen gain 2 1/2 years las' night!
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  1:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Eh, Poi Dog - mighty friendly of you to share. Mighty friendly of da new neighbor to taste all da kine.

I nevah like eat gastropods. Also nevah like eat innards or organs. What does the thymus gland do anyhow?

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  5:13:07 PM  Show Profile
A lot of people are predjudiced against the best parts of an animal. Lots of variety there- maybe you don't like liver, but sweetbreads are a totally different experience. Once you try all the different flavors, the same old meat seems pretty bland! I'll try anything except shellfish and that is only because I know from bad experiences that I am quite allergic to them.

Funny thing is that I just wrote a comment on just this subject in another thread, relating to fish. Me, I like the heads of most fish best- the body is good for sharing with guests or feeding to the cat.

Chris
Go to Top of Page

PoiDog
Lokahi

245 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  6:46:54 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

What does the thymus gland do anyhow?

Beets me, but i no iz ono...Good ting my frien is da son-in-law of da ownah of da slaughta house...As wea I get da goodies ...

quote:
Originally posted by ypochris

Me, I like the heads of most fish best- the body is good for sharing with guests or feeding to the cat.

Dey look at you kinda funny wen you get da eyeballs and den spit 'um out...Gracefully, spit 'em out, wit good mannaz. I no wood feed 'um to da cat, dough! Even da lobsta miso...but gotta be oni wen special...Any ting dat ono no can be good fo da blood, eh!

Aloha,
da Poi Dog

Edited by - PoiDog on 07/09/2008 6:53:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000