Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 The Best of the Best????
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2003 :  8:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Just browsed Auntie Marie's site where this year's Na Hoku final ballot is posted. OOO, some tastey stuff. Couple of categories are so stacked with great albums that almost anyone can win and it woyuld be really hard to argue. Check out instrumental -- that's where the slackers hang out. How can you choose just one of those? Also interesting to see what will happen in the categories where Kekuhi Kanahele is up against Na Leo's Hawaiian Memories. Hey Andy -- How about a straw poll to TP.neters?
Raymond
san Jose

Edited by - RJS on 04/18/2003 5:16:10 PM

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2003 :  3:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Anyone who envies those of us who are voting members, will hopefully view this year's list and see what a daunting task we have before us -- choosing among such _talented_ folks!

http://www.mele.com/v3/info/hokunom_03.htm

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

aplenty
Akahai

62 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2003 :  04:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit aplenty's Homepage
The full press release is available at Keola Donaghy's website:
http://www.nahenahe.net

He also has the links on the side to get to the HARA site for membership info, etc.

A hui hou!
Sandy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  02:52:34 AM  Show Profile
OK, I would vote for ALL the musicians under the instrumental category! It is impossible to choose, they're all so great. Be still, my heart... How are you going to do this, Maria?????
Aloha ahiahi kakou, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2003 :  2:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I have not been ignoring Raymond's suggestion for a poll. I was trying to see if I could set up each category on a single ballot but it does not appear so. As soon as I get my internet connection at home working, I'll set up a Na Hoku poll forum.

Great idea Raymond!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  10:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
The polls for Na Hoku Hanohano nominees are now up. If you want to vote, go here. There are 24 categories so don't miss page 2!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  3:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Auntie Maria,

When you are voting, do you vote for all categories, or are there some that you pass on? I listen to a lot of Hawaiian music, but there are some nominees that I'm not familiar with. It seems that it would take a great deal of time to listen to all of the choices enough to reach a point where you had a basis for selecting one artist over another.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  5:16:25 PM  Show Profile
I only vote in categories for which I've heard every release -- so the rock, jazz, reggae, single, and religious categories rarely see a vote from me.

Because of my position as a retailer, I get demos of all new releases (and I listen to them all!) -- and I give a lot of thought to where my votes go. Not easy, but important to these artists, for sure.

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2003 :  8:13:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm not HARA voting member, so my vote doesn't really matter, but when I do vote in a straw poll, I only vote for those categories in which I know the nominations. Not fair otherwise.
Raymond Stovich
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2003 :  12:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Just an fyi from Auntie Maria:
quote:
On the Hokus, voting in the following categories is limited to committees (Haku Mele) and actual
musicians (Graphics, Engineering, Liner Notes). Just wanted to ensure that Forum voters knew that not every HARA member can vote in every category.

For me, it's been interesting to see how you all, my fellow consumers, are voting. Thanks for casting your vote.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000