Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Merrie Monarch
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David
Akahai

92 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  12:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Send David an ICQ Message
KITV is generously streaming the hula event starting 6pm HST, which is much later for most of us ..... actually midnight my time. Herei's the link: http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/hulafest/?z=nav. I've watched for the past couple years and it's breathtaking, even on a realplayer. Tonight Miss Aloha Hula. Wishing Kumu Ching well, and the other halaus of course. Sorry I posted this late.

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  12:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Ooh, thanks for the link. I forgot all about the realplayer live stream.

For anyone not famliar with the Merrie Monarch Festival, there's an article on today's Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

David
Akahai

92 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2003 :  4:42:42 PM  Show Profile  Send David an ICQ Message
I'm so happy for Jennifer Oyama from Sonny Ching's Halau Na Mamo O Pu'uanahulu, as winner of Miss Aloha Hula. What a lovely dancer. I stayed up until after sunrise watching ... going to pay for this one, and again tonight. Judging must have been difficult, with striking performances from so many.

You can see video clips of her kahiko and 'auana performances, as well as an interview at this link: http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/hulafest/2158100/detail.html

sleepwalking
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000