Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Patrick Landeza - Pu`unaue
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  01:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Patrick Landeza
Pu`unaue

Pu`unaue ("To Share") is Patrick's first album released in 1998. 9 of 12 tracks are originals making for a nice mix of originals and traditional Hawaiian tracks. The album also features special guests Martin Pahinui, George Kuo, Dennis Kamakahi and Pekelo Cosma.

Patrick demonstrates his versatility as an artist by performing traditional Hawaiian songs like Wai O Ke Aniani to more contemporary arrangements like Here With You or Dad's Song. There is a little something for everyone here:
  • 5 instrumentals, some solo arrangements, others featuring guitar backed by rhythm guitar and bass
  • Songs sung in Hawaiian
  • Songs sung in English
  • A song written for Miss Universe Brook Mahealani Lee
  • A song humorously titled, Nintendo Hula
It's hard for me to imagine a debut album coming out any better. He proves he's the "real thing" on this CD. With 5 years of teaching and performing since the release of this CD, Patrick must be an even stronger musician and performer. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Patrick perform live yet, but I'm very much looking forward to it. Looking forward to the next CD too.

Andy

oaklandslacker
Aloha

China
47 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2003 :  9:39:49 PM  Show Profile
I agree, this was a real fun CD, I'd strongly recommend it. Actually I have Patrick Landeza as a guitar teacher and so was looking for a while, but I wasn't able to find it until I went to Honolulu. Since then, I've frequently seen it used at Amoeba's and Rasputin's, Bay Area music chains (saw some at Berkeley Rasputin's the other day). Also, I see it's being sold used on Amazon for $20 - eek!

A different feel than Dancing Cat - I love a number of the Dancing Cat CD's, but especially to friends who don't know the style, they can come off as demonstrations of technique, and a little dry. This CD is more a fun listen, with a full band, country-type arrangements, a song about playing Nintendo (he didn't use any Super Mario riffs, unfortunately), and fun stuff like that. So it's more suited to a general audience. Along with hearing some of the old Tradewinds records, I think more slack key should sound like this.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  03:11:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Wait a minute, you're saying that you have Patrick as a teacher and he made you go to Honolulu to find a copy rather than sell you one himself?? Shame on you Patrick!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

oaklandslacker
Aloha

China
47 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  11:33:40 PM  Show Profile
Well...I guess I could have asked. But that would have been too easy!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2003 :  01:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Plus you wouldn't have had the excuse to go to Honolulu!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  05:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
You guys are funny!!! Thanks for the review guys!!!

aloha!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  11:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Just saw that Patrick's website has been updated. http://www.patricklandeza.com

Pertinent to this post because there are 60 sec. realaudio clips from his 2 albums. Now you may go listen for yourself.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000