Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Mele Monday, week of 7 Nov 2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  01:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha kakahiaka kakou! Its Mele Monday! Time to rise and shine. Ease into your week with some fine Hawaiian music videos. There are some gems this week. I hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you think of any of the videos. I'd like to see some dialog. Mahalo.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCACE9015C7DC8B54

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  08:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hoping we'll see more Pahala videos available before long (ref: Dennis Kamakahi video on the list, from last year's sessions); the Kahumoku workshop is going on this week. One of our `ukulele buddies from Seattle is there this time, on a sponsored trip (she's a travel writer).
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2011 :  09:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just did a quick scan, but I particularly liked SirDuke, Uncle Eddie, and the local jam of He Uʻi.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RWD
`Olu`olu

USA
850 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  03:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Video #25 is very good. Is the singer Steven from a group?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2011 :  1:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob - I do not know who they are...I just found some random kanikapila stuff, but oh yes, he is quite good.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  12:42:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And Fran Guidry strikes again. That was a great version of Yellow Ginger lei. Fran, I have been following your videos for a while now and trying to copy them. Aloha Ia No O Maui is a favorite. But you just keep getting better. And the other thing, you have your own special voice. I can tell when its Fran.

Mahalo for posting Jim Garson

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

Larry Goldstein
Lokahi

267 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  2:04:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
And Fran Guidry strikes again.

Indeed.

Fran would fit right in the Seattle music scene; black T and plaid shirt. And always looking ahead - check the date.

Larry

Edited by - Larry Goldstein on 11/12/2011 2:05:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2011 :  2:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about Pekelo doing Noe noe uakea? Does anybody have the lyrics?

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  08:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garson

And Fran Guidry strikes again. That was a great version of Yellow Ginger lei. Fran, I have been following your videos for a while now and trying to copy them. Aloha Ia No O Maui is a favorite. But you just keep getting better. And the other thing, you have your own special voice. I can tell when its Fran.

Mahalo for posting Jim Garson

Thanks, Jim. "Aloha Ia No O Maui" is a tricky bit, but if you get the Ledward version and pull it into your computer and slooooooow it down it's not too bad.

Then make plenty mistakes and you'll have _your_ very own style <grin>.

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Goldstein

quote:
And Fran Guidry strikes again.

Indeed.

Fran would fit right in the Seattle music scene; black T and plaid shirt. And always looking ahead - check the date.

Larry

I'm still not sure what I was thinking when I put that date in the video, but clearly I am coming back from the future to discuss it <grin>. Thanks, Larry.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000