Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Second Tune In The Repertoire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  10:51:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, all:

Just got finished putting up a Youtube video of me playing Ozzie Kotani's Kani Ki Ho'alu. Here's a link, if you're so inclined to take a listen. As always, comments and critique are appreciated. We malahini need all the help we can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b-ytq834l4

Mele Kalikimaka!

Terry
Olympia, WA

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana

dr. cookie
Lokahi

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  5:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Terry . . . you've got a nice touch going there!

Don
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  5:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Don!

So much to learn. I've discovered that my left hand needs a lot of work. My last few years' work was in jazz improvisation and much of that is one-note stuff. I never had to worry about keeping the fingers of my left hand from touching other strings. It seems so important to keep many strings ringing in ki ho'alu so I need to get more precise about my left hand fingering. Sure is fun in the learning, though.

Terry
Olympia, WA (Right up the road)

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  06:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
originally posted by TerryLiberty
Sure is fun in the learning, though.

Glad you're having fun with the learning process of slack key. The fun may never end because as Ozzie always says "I will forever be a haumana (student) of ki ho'alu". Nice job on "Kani kiho'alu" by the way. I'm sure Oz would be pleased

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  10:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sir Duke:

Wow! Thanks for the compliment. I agree with Ozzie's approach. We're all still learning. Forever a haumana.

Terry
Olympia, WA

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000