Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 FedEx delivery...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  5:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57345876-71/computer-monitor-tossed-over-fence-by-fedex-man/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  5:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I saw that. Not musically related, but I had a terrible experience with FedEx this year. I am not a fan.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ricdoug
`Olu`olu

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  6:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Over a million hits already today. This will definately hurt FedEx's business:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA

It's easier to ask for forgiveness, than permission!
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  7:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not a big fan of the push for privatizing the Postal Service, so this is a welcome argument against it. Generally I find FedEx deliveries to be careful, friendly, and timely, although I did send a computer to my father in law that seemed to have fallen ten or twenty feet off a conveyor belt, that we never were anle to collect the insurance on.

However, my real issue with the privatization push is that the USPS carries a letter to my daughter in Hawai'i for forty-four cents. FedEx, to deliver the same letter, wants over fifty bucks.
Go to Top of Page

da_joka
Lokahi

361 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  12:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too. We ordered a bunk bed from Walmart. It got delivered about a mile from wea we lived! No similarity between da addresses either! Lucky for us, da residents were honest, and came by our house to let us know wat wen happen. I never had problems like dis with USPS or UPS.

If can, can. If no can, no can.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  12:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am an avid card maker and send out many many cards over the course of a year. My Christmas card list is upwards of 100 names. I probably send out 500 or more cards every year. I can send a 44 cent card to Dukie in Honolulu and he gets it in 4 or 5 days. How amazing is that!!! We sent a package on Monday and it is supposed to be delivered on Thursday -- from Cleveland to Honolulu! Post office prices are so very reasonable and they do an excellent job. Paul has even shipped a banjo via the US Postal Service, even after taking it to a "packaging" store. The guy at the store told him to send it by parcel post because UPS or Fed Ex would be at least twice as much as the post office. It got to the recipient in the Pacific northwest without incident.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by da_joka

I never had problems like dis with USPS or UPS.
We get mis-directed mail in our box all the time from USPS; I can only assume that mail for us has been delivered to the wrong address on rare occasion as well.
Go to Top of Page

TerryLiberty
Lokahi

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  12:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit TerryLiberty's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

...I can send a 44 cent card to Dukie in Honolulu and he gets it in 4 or 5 days. How amazing is that!!! We sent a package on Monday and it is supposed to be delivered on Thursday -- from Cleveland to Honolulu! Post office prices are so very reasonable and they do an excellent job.

Sad part of the USPS "miracle" is that the only way they can charge such reasonable rates is to run in the red. Not very sustainable in the long run.

As far as FEDEX is concerned, I've had good and bad experiences with FEDEX, USPS and UPS. Nobody's perfect.

Terry
Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana

Terry

Olympia, WA
Forever a haumana

Edited by - TerryLiberty on 12/21/2011 12:43:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: