Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 The Descendants wins Golden Globe Best Picture
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  08:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

As we now know "The Descendants" won best picture (drama) and George Clooney won best Actor for his role in that film last night.

So what Music did they play for the two interludes as people came to the stage?...

The Dennis and David Kamakahi arrangement of "Ulili E". Even though Hi'ilawe was more prominent (in three different arrangements), as well as other Gabby material in the film, the Awards production used this tune.

I think it was a good choice because it is a very happy tune and an outstanding arrangement and it also was able to cut through the noise at the event so listeners could clearly hear it. Some of the other theme music played was kind of buried in the crowd noise (as far a what was heard in the TV mix).

I personally think that Hugo is a better film but I am very happy that "The Descendants" won.

And whose Music was it that they played when they showed the clip of the film (some modern Jazzy thing - but not Matthew)??

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 01/16/2012 08:31:26 AM
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000