Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Aloha 'OE
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bijou
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  6:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to learn Aloha 'Oe in Taropatch. Does anyone have the tabs for this song or direct me how to fine it.

Mahalo,
Judy

Judy

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1019 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  3:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ozzie Kotani has a simple Taro Patch version. Check his web site. He's on the TP a lot recently.
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Judy, Terry just gave you a great lead. I have the tabs Terry mentioned but I don't have Ozzie's permission to share them. It's a very simple arrangement with a very nice intro that Ozzie added. It's a worthwhile composition to have & learn so give a shout out to Oz.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2165 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  03:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ozzie's arrangement is a great one. In the refrain, he uses a IIminor instead of a IV chord. I've seen Led do similarly for some other tunes. It's an interesting device and can free you up depending on the tuning you're using.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  07:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thumbstruck

Ozzie's arrangement is a great one. In the refrain, he uses a IIminor instead of a IV chord. I've seen Led do similarly for some other tunes. It's an interesting device and can free you up depending on the tuning you're using.

It's a legitimate chord substitution, pardner. Often done in jazz.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Ozzie
Aloha

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy to share that tab or you can too Duke. The Queen's music should be played and the tab should be available. Maybe I'll make that one the next free tab? My only concern through time has been for someone compiling or publishing my tabs and taking my name off it. I've had to only serve one cease and desist but it was distasteful seeing someones name in place of mine on my work. I hope to work on my next book with Dennis Ladd next year after he's retired and eventually make available all my tablatures. I think I tabbed Aloha `Oe for "playability" Judy, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Aloha!

Ozzie
Go to Top of Page

RobO
Akahai

USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  07:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ozzie, that sounds great. It's been awhile since I've been to one of your workshops. I look forward to your next book and my next workshop with you.

a hui hou... Rob
"Lawe i ka ma'alea a ku'ono'ono"
Translation: Acquire skill and make it deep
Go to Top of Page

Bijou
Akahai

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  4:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ozzie

Happy to share that tab or you can too Duke. The Queen's music should be played and the tab should be available. Maybe I'll make that one the next free tab? My only concern through time has been for someone compiling or publishing my tabs and taking my name off it. I've had to only serve one cease and desist but it was distasteful seeing someones name in place of mine on my work. I hope to work on my next book with Dennis Ladd next year after he's retired and eventually make available all my tablatures. I think I tabbed Aloha `Oe for "playability" Judy, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Aloha!
Mahalo Ozzie,
Guess I should look for it on your web site. Most of my practices for slack key have been with your DVD's and loving every minute of it. I do await the next set of instructions.
Judy

Judy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000