Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 George Kahumoku Jr.s workshop on Maui
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  10:11:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e kakou, George's workshop is coming up very quickly. I just heard from Nancy Kahumoku that several rooms at the Mauian have opened up. For those of you who wanted to go to this great workshop but couldn't get a room close by, now is your chance to stay at the very place where most of the classes take place. The Mauian Hotel is old Hawai'i. No telephones, no TV's in the rooms. A little kitchenette, frig, plenty of fans, ocean and mountain breezes, beach just steps away, complimentary continental breakfasts, lots of friends and musicians all around. Sunset cocktail hour on the seawall. Evening kanikapilas with well-known performers and absolute beginners. We have such a good time. Go to www.kahumoku.com and check it out. Julie

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  1:02:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, once in a while, certain people from certain condos, very nearby, will come over (before the very beginning, on the night before, so as not to rip George off) and talk story and sing and play). I don't know who that fool was who sang "Meestah San Cho Lee" with that juvenile delinquent and who the pretty blonde lady was who played kika with KonaBob playing slide. Mustah been a dream.

But the place wen' lock up like Attica at 10:00PM. Trapped like one mongoose.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2005 :  4:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Julie,

This post belongs under the workshops Forum, not in the General Forum.

(per the recent discussion on where this stuff goes - read the sticky post at the top of this Forum)

Maybe Andy can move it over so you don't have to start over...

How'sit Andy-san?

P.S. I don't mind the 10PM quiet time so much as the whole thiing gets started again at 5:30 to 6:30 the next morning!! (Need the rest don't you know, especially considering the wall-to-wall activities that happen the very next day)

P.P.S. Julie - glad to see you are posting more these days, you went quiet for awhile & I was worried.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 05/24/2005 4:42:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  5:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Lawrence (and Pulelehua)
Thanks for thinking of me. I was working 7 days a week on a very interesting but nasty project. Was also staying in a hotel in Mountain View often. Woke up one morning in my own bed and wondered where I was! ????

But today I am ready to kill my neighbors who moved here into the forest from the city and started cutting all the beautiful redwoods down! *&*%#$!!! I am looking up against a whole long weekend of chainsaws, chippers, and thudding trees, etc.

Wish I were in Hawai'i right now so I wouldn't have to see the destruction of the trees I have loved for over 20 years. Beam me up, Scotty!

Auwe, Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000