Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Slack key & `ukulele in Mendocino
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  09:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got an e-mail from Mickie Zekely informing me that Lark Camp, July 28 - August 5, is almost sold out.

Why should you care? Because Kevin Brown will be there all week teaching slack key and jamming till the wee hours. Here's your chance to study with one of the most popular instructors at both George Kahumoku's Maui slack key camp and the Aloha Music Camp, in a relaxed, beautiful setting among the Mendocino redwoods.

Kevin will teach beginning and advanced slack key -- and he'll be teaching slack key `ukulele, too! In addition, he'll be appearing at the wonderful Caspar World Music Festival and doing a gig in beautiful downtown Booneville following Lark.

As in years past, I'll be teaching slack key and hosting the popular "`Ukulele Happy Hour." I believe Michael & Marybeth Arago will also be at camp to hang, sing and kani kapila. I've heard rumors from a few more TaroPatchers, too. Julie & Larry? Keith? Jim Sugg???

If you've been thinking about coming to Lark, register now. It always sells out!

http://www.larkcamp.com/

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2006 :  11:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark, we're signed up! And looking forward to it...
Julie (and Larry will be dragged along)
Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  4:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Mark ,
Marybeth and I will indeed be at Lark Camp this summer. We're really looking forward to hangin with you and Kevin at camp and afterwards. Let's hope for a sunny summer on the Mendocino Coast !

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  10:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Michael, and Marybeth, great to hear you will be there! We've had so much fun at the last two Lark Camps, I'm really looking forward to seeing you this year. Great thing about Lark, you can do as much or as little as you want to. There are several really neat folks we've come to know over the last two years, it's just fun about 24 hours a day. Are you two playing at the Caspar Fest afterwards? I'm trying to adjust our schedule to take that in.
Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  6:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howzit Julie.
We're looking forward to Lark Camp in a big way, not only be around such cool folks like you, Mark and Kevin, but also being in such a nurturing musical environment, not to mention a week off from work.

We're not playing Caspar Fest this year but we will be playing in Boonville on August 4th at Lauren's Cafe as the opening act for Kevin Brown and Mark Nelson. This should be a very cool evening, as the folks in the Anderson Valley have always been very receptive to Hawaiian Music. My sister Phyllis will be coming up from tha Bay Area to dance Hula as well.

I'm also hoping to have Kevin and Mark on my radio show on July 30th live from KZYX-Zs Mendocino studio to play some tunes and talk about the Boonville show, as well as their performance at the Caspar Fest on August 6th.

Mark, Annie and Kevin will be staying at our house in Fort Bragg after Lark Camp, so let us know what we can do so we can keep you and Larry up here a little longer!

Lots of hugs from Marybeth and me,

Michael

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2006 :  10:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Michael and Marybeth, Mark and Kevin,

Boonville! Home of my adored parents, who are both deceased now, but the town of Boonville will always be a very soft, sad part of my heart. I spent a whole lot of time there and still own my parents property and home just north of town...

But I don't know Lauren's Cafe. Is it the old Horn of Zeese or the Boonville Brewery Cafe?

I believe we're ground transportation for Kevin back to the Bay Area, so it would be good to know what the schedule is. I can't imagine a fuller week of music, hula, love than this week at Lark Camp!

Me ke aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  08:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
e're not playing Caspar Fest this year

Well, maybe you are and just don't know it yet! Frannie asked me to do another set set on Sunday -- I told her to expect a crowd on stage. So Julie, Larry, Michael, Marybeth, Kevin?

We be jammin'.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Michael Arago
Aloha

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2006 :  7:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Ahiahi,

Julie, Boonville is a very special place for us as well. My sister and her family have lived there for 15 years. The Anderson Valley is a very cool place to hang out. We have a lot of fond memories(graduations, weddings, music).

Lauren's Cafe is just east of the Anderson Valley Store on Hwy 128. It's got a nice stage with lighting and has good food and local wine and beer, which in the Anderson Valley is really,really, good! There's always a nice crowd of interesting locals.

Looks like we may be playing at Caspar after all, sounds like we won't be alone. Why end at Lark Camp? Should be a lot of fun, especially if the sun comes out. You know what summer can be like up here on the Mendocino Coast!

A hui hou !

Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000