Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 SCSKS at Kaisen's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2007 :  10:01:12 AM  Show Profile
SCSKS had its' weekly gathering at Kaisen's restaurant in Oceanside last night. Here's some of the motley crew. Apologies to those using dial-up, but it wouldn't be very viewable if it were smaller.

No, we're not sponsored by Taylor...but we are open to negotiations.

Dusty

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  07:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
So close yet so far. I was in LA Monday and Tuesday nights. I didn't have time to make the drive, but it still stings to see how much fun you guys were having only 1.5 hours away. That is some banner you all have. Very professional!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  11:56:54 AM  Show Profile
Great to see that everyone was having fun. Does anyone sing? Mike what kine kika dat. Look good brah! Nani no i ka 'ike 'ana.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

Momi
Lokahi

402 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  12:10:46 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for posting pictures - I like being able to put faces with names. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  3:24:26 PM  Show Profile
The kika pictured is a NAMM show special, solid koa, Taylor K-22ce that I have had for a few years. I had the factory reset the neck for G Taropatch tuning and they went and updated the expression system for free. I also have a rosewood Taylor nylon string for those Spanish and Portuguese sounding tunes like La Paloma, Nahenahe, and Malasadas but I rarely bring more than one instrument to play (lazy).

Aunty Nancy (Pua Kai) has dibs on the K-22 IF I ever sell it -- news for Nancy -- NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

We always have TOO MUCH FUN. The food is good, the company good, the music good, we sometimes get tips, and we do have officiaL groupies and regulars that come to eat and hear us play. If any of you are ever in the San Diego area on a Tuesday Night please come and join us. We have had many visitors come and inspire us to play better.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1018 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2007 :  07:58:15 AM  Show Profile
A good gig if you can get it. We don't get paid, we pay for our own food, we bring 50% of Tuesday night's customers, and the tips wouldn't pay for the gas that Dusty and I use to get there (we each live at least 40 miles from the gig). But, I've learned more from these guys in a couple of years than if I'd had regular lessons, and I look forward to every Tuesday night. We each have a different style and different influences and that makes it interesting. When Keith Marzullo comes, he usually sings and I've been know to croon one or two, but the restaurant is usually noisy, so we each just get in a groove and enjoy the moment. It's probably more than coincidence that we all play Taylors. Boy! this stuff is addictive. If I'd only had a brain...
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  05:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Yah, neat pix! I was still on big island, but am thinking about making the trek (90miles) tomorrow night... not taking off for holidays? I don't have a Taylor... see new picture in profile...
Mele Kalikimaka!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  07:11:32 AM  Show Profile
OK Chunky . .
What did you buy at Taylor last Friday?
;-}

Go to Top of Page

justinalderfer
Aloha

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  08:01:34 AM  Show Profile
SCSKSer's, want to wish you all a nice "Au Maluhia". Since my visit this summer I've been performing slack key in Florida with the mana passed on by the Kaisan's crew. Hope to see you all at the SoCal Slack Key Festival.

Aloha oukou,

Justin

ka loku mele kaona
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  09:15:51 AM  Show Profile
I am certain all of of will be at the festival. See you there!

Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2008 :  8:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
Great pictures, you guys! Maybe I will finally get to meet Terry, Mike, and Bill in person at the SoCal Slack Key Fest this month. It'll be great to see Dusty, Sheila, Rik, Scott, Nancy, Dick, and Linda, and all you folks from down there again. Reunion time! :)-Mags
Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  11:36:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey Maggs -
Terry and Mary will be at the Makaha Sons concert in Whittier on the 19th, and Terry will be here for Ozzie on Sunday AM. Sure hope Mike gets a hall pass!
Bill and Vicki have front row seats for the festival so can at least see the backs of their heads.....
For everyone with dead time before the festival - will be hangin' out here, making noise, kau kau, etc.....
Jerry, Diana, Ralph and Sandy will be stayin' here too so we have one big jam.

Edited by - Pua Kai on 01/03/2008 11:38:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  2:30:11 PM  Show Profile
Jeez, just found this thread and pix. The pix show that Dusty is scowling at one of his students, or maybe just pensive, Chunk is serious, as usual, Mike is either on a drug hit or somebody tickled him somewhere private, and Bill has just sucked up a carefully brewed infusion of barley.

You guys have too much fun.

BTW,it is 8 deg F and 18%RH here and Sarah's car just blew a battery. Wanna visit?

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2008 :  2:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Actually I cheated -- most shots of me playing show the omnipresent frown -- in this case I just happened to catch the cameraman out of the corner of my eye so I put on a big sushi eating grin just for show.

I grew up in Waterbury -- remember the bone-chillin' cold real well. Think I'll just stay here in SoCal if ya don't mind.

Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  07:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Reid,
Mary's lobbying to go East after she pulls the work plug. Maybe next fall. We'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  10:46:21 AM  Show Profile
Late Sept/ early Oct.is very lovely here in CT, mild sunny days and crisp, comfy nights. Pretty trees by mid Oct. Come on over. May/June are great, too, BTW.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000