Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 FREE CLASSES-all levels Ukulele, Slack Key, Steel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  4:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ALOHA! We are proud to announce that FREE ukulele, slack-key guitar and steel guitar lessons are happening on the Big Island of Hawaii. Join us Every Wednesday in KAʻU at the NAʻALEHU GYM, 12:30p- 3:30p till May!!! ALL ARE WELCOMED Keiki to Kupuna! a few loaner instruments are available. Ukulele & Slack Key taught by me of course, Keoki Kahumoku. Well known in the country & western as well as blue grass music relm, Dan Toft (now residing in Volcano Village) will be teaching acoustic & electric steel guitar.

Beg.Uke- 12:30p- 1:15p; int/adv uke 1:30p- 2:15p; Slack-key & Steel guitar 2:30p- 3:15p
WE GOT THE GYM TILL 5PM SO WILL BE ADDING ON A BASS CLASS! FEATURING KONABOBʻS- WALKING STICK
So dust off your instrumentʻs KAʻU!! Eh!? whereʻs tutuʻs pakini bass

for more info you can call 808-960-8385
MAHALO TO THE KAʻU CONCERT SOCIETY & THE EDMUND OLSON TRUST for your sponsorship and to the People of KAʻU for your continued support. Also a warm MAHALO to Alan Okami and da Okami Ohana from Koaloha ukuleleʻs for Donating 20 UKULELEʻS so we can have loaners for our Students of KAʻU and da Big Island.

Edited by - Keoki Kahumoku on 03/25/2008 12:07:45 PM

Claudia
Lokahi

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  03:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Keoki!

I will be visiting the Big Island from the OTHER Big Island of Manhattan! May this New York City slack key and 'ukulele player join you on Wednesday March 26th?

Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  07:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Kahumoku, what a gift. For an artist of your talent to share your knowledge so generously is an example to us all.

I hope to join you sometime in the coming year, and in the meantime wish you great success in this and all your endeavors.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 02/15/2008 07:14:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  3:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That sounds great that you are coming to Hawaii. I do believe we will be there in March. Bring your instrument, note taking is encouraged, and yes you may video tape or audio record for my classes if you like. It's always a good idea to ask before recording or photos etc. For me, I can use all the help I can get! Hope to see you soon.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2008 :  4:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shoots, wish i could make it, fantastic thing your doin there Mr K!
(I really enjoy your CD's and your instructional DVD's are excellent as well)
, Lee

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2008 :  02:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW Everybody! Itʻs ah happening! Well first week- 12 students; 2nd week- 26 students; 3rd week- 32 students. Common Peoples! Letʻs fill up dat Naʻalehu Gym!

You folks should see all these kids and all da kids at heart! Show up wit their ukuleleʻs and guitarʻs. We got a young girl named Kaiminani who attended our December camp.. showed up to class with her own mini guitar which we set up for steel! She saved all her allowance and christmas money to buy her own instrument. Mahalo KonaBOB for your encouragement. She is such a blessing! She said that she originally was gonna buy gifts , but she wanted to get a steel guitar so that she can play for her younger sister whoʻs been in and out of the hospital with liver problems, who sometimes cannot get to sleep cause she in so much pain!! Kaiminani says " it helps for my sista to feel betta, so she can rest." Howʻs dat peoples!?!

Akua, mahalo for all the blessings in our lives and the opportunity to share these blessings with otherʻs. These are da moments in life dat just make you go WOW!
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2008 :  07:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May Day concert is on!!! Join us at the Naʻalehu Gym March 2,2008. The students will perform and lead in song sing a longs for everyone! more to come!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keoki,
I sent you the tablature from your Intro to Slack Key DVD. Let me know if I need to make any corrections. Hope it helps with the classes!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  08:49:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MAHALO NUI MIKA ELE! wow, I neva really took the time to computerize tab any of my songs. I personally really have to think about it what the heck Iʻm actually doing on the guitar when reading the tab...But to see a song i wrote all tabbed and officially cool looking! Sometimes the numberʻs move faster than me or maybe I read slow...but what a great reference tool. I am truly grateful for your kokua! But, I havenʻt had the chance to review it with all thats going on, but I promise to do it soon, so we can have it to share with anyone wanting a copy. Keoki

Edited by - Keoki Kahumoku on 03/25/2008 08:52:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

Keoki Kahumoku
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  11:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Keoki Kahumoku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Keoki Kahumoku

May Day concert is on!!! Join us at the Naʻalehu Gym FRIDAY, May 2,2008. The students will perform and lead in song sing a longs for everyone! more to come!!!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000