Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Slack Key & `Ukulele Workshops in Seattle-March
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2008 :  2:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha All -

If you live anywhere near Seattle-- or even if you don't -- you've got a number of great slack key and `ukulele workshops coming up at Dusty Strings.

First off are "The Ladies of Slack Key"-- Owana Salazar & Cindy Combs. They will present a very special workshop on March 16th. Don't miss your chance to learn from two of the finest guitarists touring today.

Then I blow into town for a pair of slack key workshops on 29th. As I have done in the past, the two will be related, with the first a little more basic than the second. I'll concentrate on getting the right feel, hitting all the vamps and double stops, playing by ear and tab, etc. I'd like the second class to be mostly about improv, accompaniment and playing together... but, as always, suggestions cheerfully taken.

On Sunday, grab your `ukulele and join me for two very different classes. Fist up is "Fun With Your `Ukulele." If you were at the Aloha Camp, you know what to expect-- a bunch of songs and tricks to fool your fingers into playing better than they thought you could.

Then for all you hotdogs-- Bossa Nova. Yep-- the real deal, funny chords, great syncopation and all. You will need to be comfortable with chords beyond the usual C,F and G... or at least be willing to try.

More info here: http://www.dustystrings.com/shop/workshops-spring08.shtml

Hope to see some of you soon!

Mark

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Way cool! Saw the posting in Dusty Strings newsletter. Iʻll see if I can set asidd time for the wokshop. Lunch maybe or dinner can be squeezed in?

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  1:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys have all the fun.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  7:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We also play music. From Molokaʻi to Seattle. The Hawaiian influence spreads.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000