Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Slack Key Workshop in San Diego with Patrick Lande
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tula
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  5:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tula's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This workshop is being offered during the Hui o Hawaii of San Diego Na Mea Hana Lima Hawaiian Cultural Fair on August 2-3, 2008. See wesbite for flyer and information. Call Leiloa 619-518-6852 for workshop sign up and mail check payable to Hui o Hawaii of San Diego. For information on the workshop please contact Huiohawaiiofsd @ yahoo.com

This is a hands on class where everyone will have a chance to be heard. The class is limited to 12 students so sign up early!
Cost $65.00
2.5 hours on Saturday (1:00pm - 3:30pm)
2.5 hours Sunday (10:00am - 12:30pm)

Patrick Landeza
Musician, songwriter, producer, educator and creator of the Institute of Hawaiian Music and Culture, Patrick Kahakauwila Kamaholelani Landeza is considered to be a leading proponent of Hawaiian slack key guitar, or ki ho'alu. Considered by George Winston as "one of the best and most dedicated of the new generation of slack key players," Landeza is also a driving force in the education of the slack key style world-wide. Born of Hawaiian parents and raised on the 'island' of Berkeley, California, as a teenager, Patrick honed his craft from slack key masters Raymond Kane, Sonny Chillingworth, Dennis Kamakahi, Cyril Pahinui and George Kuo. "As a kid, I would always hang out at the studio and listen to them record, and when they would finish, they always had time for a lesson. I am extremely grateful!"

Although a slack key artist for more than two decades, kiho'alu has taken a back seat in his life. "I have two children and one on the way, by the time I was 30, I was touring, producing, teaching, recording, it's time for a break." Now, at 35, Landeza has three recordings, an instructional DVD, a play along slack key series and is the youngest recipient of the prestigious Aloha Spirit Award, given for his work in Slack Key. Patrick currently teaches social sciences at St. Elizabeth High School in East Oakland and occasionally tours the country teaching and performing ki ho'alu.

Landeza is a regular at some of the top acoustic camps in the nation, teaching at North Carolina's Swannanoa and Augusta Heritage camp in New York and has published slack key lessons in Acoustic Guitar magazine as well as other publications.

For more information on Patrick, you can visit www.patricklandeza.com.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000