Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Bay Area Slack Key workshop with Patrick Landeza!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Malia B
Aloha

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  04:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha! Patrick will being giving a series of slack key workshops this summer in various cities. Here is information on his upcoming Bay Area workshop!

Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar Workshop with Patrick Landeza

Wish you could play Slack Key? Tired of reading tabs and playing along to Cds? Want to go on to the next level? Then this is for you! This class is for the beginner/intermediate and will focus on technique and principles to developing the slack key sound. The class will focus on the fundamentals of open G tuning or Taro Patch tuning and will cover vamps, scales and slack key licks to help develop the unique kiho'alu sound which will lead to a song or two by the end of the course! You will be in a comfortable environment that will make it easy for you to learn the basics!

This is a hands on class where everyone will have a chance to be heard. The class is limited to 12 students so sign up early!

When: Sunday, July 13 2008
Where: Tehani Studios
30987 Watkins St.
Union City, CA 94587
Time: 10:00am-3:00pm
Cost: $65 includes 4 hours of group instruction, materials, one-on-one-time with
the instructor
Contact: Mae Badilla at 510.452.4266 or email landezapresents @ gmail.com
Patrick will be in North Carolina on 7/30 San Diego on 8/2-3
Weekly Bay Area Slack Key Lessons will begin in the Fall, stay tuned for more information!
For more info on Patrick, you can visit www.patricklandeza.com

Malia B
www.patricklandeza.com

Edited by - Malia B on 06/25/2008 05:00:53 AM

les_maverick
Lokahi

USA
238 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  06:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit les_maverick's Homepage  Send les_maverick an AOL message  Send les_maverick a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mae:
Thanks to you and to Patrick for having this workshop.
Thank you for the accurate description of the workshop,
it was right on.
It was good the hear about Patrick's background and learning
experiences.
I have a lot to practice.
I look forward to seeing you and Patrick again, soon.
Mahalo,
Les Wong
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2008 :  2:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I've got to say is that if you have a chance to take lessons from Patrick, please take advantage of that opportunity. Not only is he a fantastic musician, but an exceptional instructor and educator. he KNOWS how to teach. And an all-around swell guy, full of aloha.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  06:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mahalo for the kind words guys! We will be having more workshops soon!

Aloha!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  2:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Cousin Patrick. Come and tell us stories about how it went in Swannanoah. Their brochure said there would be the now traditional Landeza Luau. Did you have lots of students? Hah. You should hear Paul play Kahuku Slack Key now. He is getting better and better. And we went to Kahuku just because of you. We had to see the place that inspired that beautiful piece of music.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000