Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Live Lessons, Camps, Workshops
 Lark Camp 09 July 31-Aug 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  11:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Holy Cow-- I just got an e-mail announcing that registration is already open for the 2009 Lark Camp. Well, it has sold out each of the past... what? 1000 years?? Seriously..

We'll be keeping the vibe alive at Aloha Land with:

Robyn Mahealani Kneubuhl-- Hula & Ukulele
Kevin Brown -- Slack Key, Ukulele & Hawaiian Songs
Mark Kailana Nelson (tha's me) -- Slack Key & Fun with your Ukulele!

(I may teach a Bob Wills class, too. Still working on that idea.)

There are more instructors than you can count in more musical styles than you knew existed... and more to come!

I know it's a long way off, but sign up soon:

http://www.larkcamp.com.html

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  8:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Mark,

You know we are in. Meanwhile, looking forward to seeing you at the Wine Country Uke Festival this weekend. I'm practicing my happy hour demeanor!

Whacha teaching in Bob Wills class? Steel?

Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 10/06/2008 8:33:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  6:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BOB WILLS! BOB WILLS! BOB WILL! BOB WILLS! BOB WILLS! BOB WILLS! BOB WILLS! BOB WILLS! Bob WILLS!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  07:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

snip...

(I may teach a Bob Wills class, too. Still working on that idea.)

snip...

Better have plenty of

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2008 :  08:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Whacha teaching in Bob Wills class?

Attitude.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  08:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just heard from Mickie that Lark is approaching a sell out. So, if you've been thinking about coming to take hula from Robyn, slack key from Kevin & me, `ukulele and more, better get on the stick.

And wait'll you see Annie's new battery-powered party lights to go with our solar powered Tiki Torches....

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  4:01:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um, how are you going to get those solars to work under those big redwoods? You may have to place them out in the clearing during the day. Watch the kids take off with them and run around using them as spears.

Anyway, we are there! Mickey just cashed my check.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  2:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Um, how are you going to get those solars to work under those big redwoods?

EZ-- just hold 'em up to your sunny personality.
Go to Top of Page

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  8:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll bring the wine!
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  09:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy all -

I heard from Mickie that there are still a few openings at Lark this summer. So, if you'd like the closest thing to one of the Hawaiian music camps--- only in the redwoods & not so warm -- snuggled inside the world's most fun Whirled Music Camp, check it out.

I have not yet heard of Caspar will be holding their wonderful luau again. Hope so!
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  07:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's a last minute update about Lark via Mickie:

As of today (July 8) there are still a few openings left. I'm surprised, as Lark always sells out.

This is an amazing opportunity to experience what is truly the most amazing musical experience of the year. If you can possibly get there, jump on it. Lark Camp will change your life.

http://www.larkcamp.com.html

I'll arrive a day late, thanks to my commitment with PSGW, but I'll be there till the bitter end, hosting the Talent Show in Camp 1.

Elaine, looks like I'll need that wine.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  7:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No,

The fine folks at the Caspar Community Center some time ago rented out their facility to another group, so no Lu'au there.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  9:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Elaine!

Bring lots of wine! We'll have the Martini fixin's and lost of snacks, and two wonderful Hawaiian musicians. Who needs anything more.
Oh yeah, warm sweaters for our Hawaiian friends...

Julie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000