Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 A little Ledward video - Weeha Swing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just talked Patrick Landeza out of his adorable little Tacoma Papoose P6-K. This is a rare version of the Papoose that Patrick snagged off the production line at the Tacoma factory years ago.

When Led got to the house he simply fell in love with this little guitar.

I managed to catch some video of Led doing his version of Uncle Sonny's classic, "Weeha Swing." Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZGNHdKp_No

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

mike2jb
Lokahi

USA
213 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting that clip, Fran. The sound quality is really great for YouTube and that little Papoose sounds so sweet.

Oh ... and that guy playing isn't bad, either.

We'll be at the Freight on Thursday-- will we get to hear you, too?
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  08:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fran Guidry

I just talked Patrick Landeza out of his adorable little Tacoma Papoose P6-K. This is a rare version of the Papoose that Patrick snagged off the production line at the Tacoma factory years ago.

When Led got to the house he simply fell in love with this little guitar.

I managed to catch some video of Led doing his version of Uncle Sonny's classic, "Weeha Swing." Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZGNHdKp_No

Fran

Eh, Fran! Tell Led hi for us. Thumbs & me here in Kailua, so we missed him this time. btw, what kind of camcorder did you use? It's beautiful!

keaka
Go to Top of Page

Allen M Cary
Lokahi

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  2:41:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anything this should settle the question on whether slack key can be played on a short scale (aka Parlor in the thread) guitar. Really sweet recording too. Thanks Fran!
Aloha
Allen
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  2:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was good fun tnx for posting that!

Lee
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  11:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome video resolution, beautiful audio and a gorgeous little kika, Fran. Mahalo for sharing this. Oh yeah BTW tell Led he was pretty okay too LOL. Too smooth is Bruddah Led
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2010 :  11:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Awesome video resolution, beautiful audio and a gorgeous little kika, Fran. Mahalo for sharing this. Oh yeah BTW tell Led he was pretty okay too LOL. Too smooth is Bruddah Led

Eh, Duke, glad you enjoyed da pikcha. It was so funny when we opened up this clip and both went ... whoooaaaa, THAT's the ONE.

I (blushing embarrassedly) bought a new camera (wife in background says: "What?!?! Another one!!!!") for the trip to Kailua. Two of my cams had to go to the shop after too much fun at the beach last time. This new one is waterproof to 10 feet, sand and dirt proof, and can handle a 5 foot drop (which may not be enough for this clumsy guy). It's also a Panasonic but it sacrifices some quality for the waterproof features. Still in good light I hope we can get some good stuff at the next Waimea or small jam at Kaka`ako, even if it rains! Or maybe some underwater slack key ... we can use your guitar <grin>.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Led really enjoys hearing that you folks had fun with the clip.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Haolenuke
Lokahi

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  7:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Extraordinary slack key, gorgeous guitar, excellent sound and video recording. What more could one want? I wish I hadn't had a killer head cold last Friday so I could have heard you both playing at Rancho Nicasio. How did things go on that dark and stormy night?
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  02:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had plenty of fun at every show, including the Rancho Nicasio luau. Sorry you were under the weather, there has been plenty of it going around.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2010 :  5:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing such great fun and to Uncle Led for being Uncle Led.
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  4:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, sure, _you_ can call him Uncle, but after he found out he was two years younger than me, he insists I call him "Nephew Ledward" and he calls me "Uncle Fraaaaaaan."

He is more fun than a trip to Disneyland, though, I have to agree with that.

Fran

Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000