Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Bruddah Ku'ulei Ahuna
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bubba
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2010 :  10:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While in Hilo recently, I purchased a CD by Bruddah Ku'ulei and I'm seeking some information about him, and little seem available on the internet. I read that he is from the "famous Ahuna family of Hilo" and Lynn Piccoli has told me that he was in group Da Blahlas. Can anyone provide more specifics? Mahalo.

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2010 :  07:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ku`ulei was brother to JJ Ahuna -- Darlene's former husband. He released two solo albums, both of which are now out of print:
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/bruddah+ku%60ulei/simply+said/
http://www.mele.com/music/artist/bruddah+ku%60ulei/love+knows+no+color/

He passed away in 2005; here is his obituary:

Kuulei Mun Hook Ahuna
April 28, 2005
Kuulei Mun Hook Ahuna, 51, of Hilo, a Young Brothers Ltd. stevedore in Hilo, musician and songwriter, died in the Queen's Medical Center. He was born in Hilo. He is survived by wife Leslie; daughters Mailani K. and Kaiulani K.; mother Eleanor K.; brothers Lani, Albert "JJ" Jr. and Kihei; and sisters Alberta Nicolas, Allysyn A. Bezilla, Elly "Toots" Sprintz, Lesly Rockwood and Shanna Paglinawan. Visitation: 5-9 p.m. Friday at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Hilo Stake Center. Services: 11 a.m. Saturday at the church. Call after 8 a.m. Burial to follow at Alae Cemetery, Mormon Section. Aloha attire.

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

kitholm
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2011 :  06:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone help me to find the 2 albums referenced below by Ku'ulei Ahuna. I certainly am willing to pay. Mahalo.

kit
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000