Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Konane
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  1:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha Kakou,

I would like to announce the formation of my new group "Konane".
Konane means “to shine bright like the moon” and we are comprised of Steven Espaniola (myself) on Kiho`alu guitar/ukulele/vocals and Faith Thompson Ako on Keyboards/ukulele/vocals. Our humble origins came out of one fundamental objective: To have fun playing music! As simple as that sounds, it is an idea that often times gets lost in today’s music scene. We aim to capture the essence of old Hawaii while challenging the status quo with daring, contemporary arrangements. Completing the combo with a solid foundation are various rhythm sections from around the San Francisco Bay Area, which gives Konane a unique and evolving sound with each and every outing.
Come see us live at the Sounds of Hawaii concert (Mountain View, CA), Saturday July 19th from 4:15-5:00pm.

Malama pono.

Steven
sespaniola.com

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2003 :  2:45:51 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Steven,

Oh, I envy all the Bay Area folk!

Please, share the good news with the good ukesters at http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/bulletin/default.asp You'll just have to forgive them for not being slackers as well. I'll tell the 4th Peggers.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

finemc28
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2003 :  01:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Send finemc28 an AOL message
Steven,

I saw your opening for Willie K. in Petaluma a couple of weeks ago. You and Faith are fantastic. You created a wonderful experience of Hawaii with your falsetto singing and kiho'alu and Faith's vocals, keyboard and sense of humor.

I highly recommend your new group to all fans of Hawaiian music.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Steven Espaniola
Lokahi

225 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  03:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven Espaniola's Homepage
Aloha Pauline & Mike,

Thank you for the kind words! Mike, The Willie K/Amy show was a blast! The people of Marin have a lot of aloha spirit flowing through their veins and in came out in force that night. I Got to meet a lot of genuinely kind people. it was a pleasure to play in front of people who absolutely love Hawaiian music! Faith & I really do have fun on stage as what we do is completely spontaneous and from the heart! Pauline, thanks for the link. I'll be sure to post there as well. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to come up and perform in the Washington area some day. I love it up there! I almost visited for the Mai Kahiki Mai last May, which hosts an annual falsetto, hula & oli competition. Maybe next year? Also, how is the Risa working out for you? Malama pono.

Here are a few more dates for Konane in the Bay Area:

7/18: Hukilau (San Jose, CA) - 9-12
7/19: Sounds of Hawaii Concert (Mountain View, CA) 4:15-5
7/25: Tita's Hale Aina (San Francisco, CA) - 7-10
8/2: Hukilau (San Jose, CA) - 9-12
8/8: Hukilau (San Jose, CA) - 9-12
8/10: Nihonmachi Street Fair (San Francisco, CA) - 11:30-12:15
8/15: Hukilau (San Jose, CA) - 9-12
8/22: Hukilau (San Francisco, CA) - 8-11
8/31: E Hula Mau (Long Beach, CA)

A hui hou,

Steven