Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Shameless Art Plug _or_ How I get in the mood
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rd2ruin
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  01:17:43 AM  Show Profile
I've only been to Hawaii once, and it was getting tough to get inspired writing and playing slack key with 22 inches of snow on the ground this past winter.

So to get myself 'in the mood' I painted these (in pastels) to influence my song writing, and my writing in turn influence the paintings. What do you all use when you need a boost of Aloha? (short of taking a flight into Honolulu)

Here's the Dragon's Teeth of Makalua-puna Point, Maui

Rocky Shore of the Sunset Beach

Hula Dancer

And two of a work in Progress. Hawaiian Girl Smelling Flowers

Oh, and my guitar (at open mic night)

Enjoy!
- Greg

When you get a moment, could you do me a favor and explain to me what I was just talking about?

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  2:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Hey Greg, you sell your stuff?
If you do, send me a note on my taropatch link
Mahalo,
Raymond
San JOse
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  3:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Very nice work Greg! I think you just volunteered to submit a TaroPatch.net logo design for consideration.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  3:11:16 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Greg,

Thanks for sharing your work! .... they would definitely get one in the mood! It's great you found a way to overcome 22 inches of snow...Reid and I can relate to the difficulties of climate and distance...

aloha,
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

rd2ruin
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  6:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo!

I'm afraid I'm not even familiar with what taro looks like. I recall it reminding me of kudzu, which I saw plenty of while living in Atlanta, and I'm not very handy with a graphics program (excuses, excuses). But I'll give it a go, and try to do something :)

- Greg

When you get a moment, could you do me a favor and explain to me what I was just talking about?
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  11:54:02 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Greg,

All your art is great (your color palette is wonderful), but I *love* the Dragon's Teeth. Very impressive. Sarah and I just saw them for the first time in real life when Kitty and David took us totally around the island this last trip.

Keep on showing us your work, please.

Mahalo,

Reid
Go to Top of Page

rd2ruin
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  01:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Reid. I've finished this one, and selling them (I'm a shameless promoter). Might even consider a barter for some good slack key tabs that us here east coast folk can't get our hands on :)

Email me motlasz @ mindspring.com if you are interested.

Cheers!
- Greg

Edited by - rd2ruin on 07/22/2003 01:44:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

rd2ruin
Akahai

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  4:06:06 PM  Show Profile
Raymond,

I've been trying to email you about these, but I'm not sure if you are getting them. Let me know.

Also, just started this ... "Overlooking Kauai Valley" in oils ... still in the early ugly stages.

Cheers!
- Greg

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000