Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Dennis Kamakahi Shows!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Aloha Everyone!

Just a reminder that Dennis will be performing this weekend at the following places listed below!!

His new album is AWESOME and will be available at his shows. I will be performing as well. Hope to catch you at one of the shows!!!We are doing one clinic and that is on Saturday at 1:30pm at the Shoreline, for more info you can visit their site!

Dennis Kamakahi
Friday July 18th, 2003 @ 8:00PM
Kuumbwa Jazz Center
320 Cedar St. Santa Cruz, CA, 95060
Doors open at 7:30PM
Tickets $16 in advance, $17 at the door.
Tickets available at Streetlight Records, 939 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz, CA, 95062
Info or charge by phone at (831) 462-5186

Dennis Kamakahi & Patrick Landeza
(Makaha Sons, Robi, Ten Feet and more..)
July 19, 2003
Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View CA
Sounds of Hawaii's 2003
General admission $40Tickets Available via the Web
http://www.thesoundsofhawaii.com/event_mtn.html

Dennis Kamakahi
Sunday July 20th, 2003 @ 8:00PM
the Little Fox Theatre
2209 Broadway, Redwood City, CA 94063
Tickets $16 Adv $17 NOS
Tickets Info: (650) 369-4119 or at www.foxdream.com
<http://www.foxdream.com>

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com

Edited by - hwnslacker on 07/17/2003 2:07:27 PM

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  4:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
We're looking forward to the show at the Little Fox. Good luck at the big show at the Shoreline.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  4:46:22 PM  Show Profile
Man, you guys on the Left Coast have it soooo good! I am plenty jealous. I can understand that it is easier to get to and has a bigger audience base (Maybe). But I am still jealous.

Tell us all about the show, Fran.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  4:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yep, and please tell Patrick and Dennis that we're waiting for 'em over here. Hope to see them soon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  7:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Trust me guys!! I'm coming!! I'm working on something just for you East Coast People!!!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  7:32:42 PM  Show Profile
IT IS A MUST!!!!!

I promise you'll walk away looking at another
side of slack key.

It's not only instrumentals but, singing while playing
the different tunings that would match your vocals.

And Dennis has it "Down Path!".

Im glad everyone has a chance to see and hear one of Hawaii's great composer and slack key player.

And to have his son playing next to him, what more can you ask.

Malama Pono
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  9:09:10 PM  Show Profile
What I want to know is if the poor, lonely people (well, okay, person) in the midwest will have any chance of seeing live slack key. Anything within a state or two of Indiana?

Hey, Reid, Andy: I'm not just jealous of the Left Coasters - I have East Coast envy too! Especially if Dennis and Patrick come your way...

Sending all of you aloha from amongst the cornfields,

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  02:12:02 AM  Show Profile
REPORT FROM KUUMBWA, SANTA CRUZ

So Patrick Landeza, in his ususal low-key style, welcomed concert goers by taking tickets and stamping hands along with the tour promoter. Then he started the show by playing a couple of songs, and turned the spotlight over to Reverend Dennis. A different look for Dennis this time, a soft Hawaiian shirt, black pants. No evidence of the wild black and white knee-high golf socks we got an eyeful of during George's workshop on Maui in June. No black fingernail polish, no black motorcycle leathers.

After the intermission, Dennis started up again, but I'm not so sure he spotted George Kahumoku Jr. who slipped in with Nancy during break and was seated in the first row with Peter and Melinda Wing. When Patrick joined Dennis on stage a little later, he made a big to-do about George and invited him up to play with Dennis. I thought that was very considerate of him, as he turned the spotlight onto the two old-timers, and took George's seat in the audience. Sadly though, they only played a few songs before concluding the show together. I could have listened all night, and I think they would have played if it were not for the constraints of the house. You know, you get those musicians together and there is no stopping them!

I enjoyed the show very much, and I like Patrick's demeanor a lot. Actually, I really like most of the Hawaiian musicians I've heard because they seem to lack those giant egos that other rock, etc. personalities seem to have. So I think I'll just stick to spending my money supporting Hawaiian music. It's a sure bet. Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  04:56:20 AM  Show Profile
REPORT FROM THE LITTLE FOX THEATER

If you attended Sunday's delightful concert with Dennis Kamakahi and Patrick Landeza in Redwood City, California, then you know the answers to the following questions circulating in TaroPatch West:

Who was wearing a pineapple aloha shirt and in danger of losing his hat?

Who explained the Takoma Papoose was not really a 'ukulele?

Who just released "The Gift of Music - From Father to Son?"

Who may soon be composing a song about a yellow rose?

Who will be returning to play at The Little Fox on Thursday, August 28th? (If you attend this show, you may find out what happened to the hat in the meantime...)

To Patrick and Dennis, mahalo for a joyful evening and for transporting us from Silicon Valley to heaven for a few hours!

Aloha,

Pulelehua

Edited by - Pulelehua on 07/21/2003 04:57:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  11:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Yeah, that was some good fun, all right. We had a friend in from Denver so she got to see her first Hawaiian music show, now she's asking for suggestions for starter CDs. We hooked another one.

This was the first time I've seen Dennis - he certainly is compelling in person. Hearing him run through a few of his 400 or so compositions brought home how much of our repertoire comes from him. When he launched into "Wahine `Ilikea" I almost melted into a puddle on the floor.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  12:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Pulelehua!! You are funny!!! Mahalo for the kind words..and Julie, always great seeing you!! Fran keep slack'n!! I'm off to Washington DC and North Carolina in a couple days..getting my materials ready..it was great being with Dennis these past couple days though!!

Aloha!!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page