Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Where's Bill?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2003 :  4:50:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

Anybody on Maui seen Bill lately? I emailed him and got no response. Since he got mysteriously sick that time, Sarah and I worry when we don't see the Energizer Bunny post stuffs.

...Reid

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  01:56:41 AM  Show Profile
Still no Slackkey Bill. His last post was 7/2.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  3:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
i tried calling bill and emailing kevin. the news from kevin is that bill is doing well, but his daughter has been using the computer a lot. so, bill's been off the 'net.

aloha,

Keith
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  01:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Am beginning to wonder too.

Just got back from a 2 week trip myself but I showed up at the Waihee Jam last Saturday (also to show the guys the pictures and Photo CD that Sarah sent me) but nobody there.

I will call Kevin tomorrow.

ed

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  08:55:53 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, ED

Sorry about last saturday, I could'nt make it.
It was one of those saturdays where we had, a
gig in the morning, and also in the evening.

I'll be there saturday morning, i gotta leave by
2:00 we have a party to play at 5:00.

I'm surprised know one was there last week.
Hopefully you can make it, see you then.

a hui hou!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  1:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys,

Just got a nice long email from Bill, He has had a few physical complications, but he is OK. That's a relief. Just one busy guy, mostly.

Now, who else is missing :-) Oh yeah - vacation time for most of the 1st World.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  3:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Reid,
Thanks for the good news.

Slackkey Bill,
Take care!

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  3:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Good news, indeed. Aloha e Bill! Malama pono.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  10:44:49 PM  Show Profile
Aloha T/P Ohana!

Sorry to have kept all of my Slack Key Ohana here wandering what happened to me....It touches me to know that Ohana like you worry when you don't hear from another member of the Family. Couple things happened. The first one was a pain in my right shoulder that had been ailing me for some time now, and during our last "Kanikajammapila get together here on Maui. But I figured....heh....it'll pass! But it kept coming back usually after a long stretch of some ono-kine kiho'alu.

The second one occured about four Saturdays ago....when myself "Bruddah" Kevin and Doc. Ely had a "kanikajamma-session" in Waihe'e. I was fine in the beginning, but started to get a really bad headache. But, as always, you know me, and how much I love to kani-kiho'alu! After our session, I figured, heh couple tylenols, some good shut-eye and I'll be just fine. When I woke-up it just got worst...but I won't get into that....

But the next day, I felt fine! But to make sure that I wasn't experiencing the symtoms of an anurism (spelling), on MOnday I made an appointment to see my Doctor. It turned-out, I had a blood pressure of 144/100! YIKES!!!! I had a suspicion that it was just that..., and so did my Wife. So my Doctor put me back on the H/B/P/P....10 mils. I just had a recent check-up last week when I went in to check on my shoulder pain. B/P's back to normal! But my bad shoulder pain still persists!!!!!

Yesterday Keith Marzullo called me on my cellphone! I was surprised to know that he's back on Maui! I told him depending on my shoulder, that I may see them in Waihe'e today. This morning when I got up....OUCH!!!! I'll give him a call later. Today was another Saturday I missed in Waihe'e....

Anyway....I think I'm getting carried away here! I just wanted to let everyone know....Pauline, Sarah, Reid, Andy and all the rest of you that other than my shoulder pain, I'm doing great! Hey....I'm not gonna let that stop me from jamming Kiho'alu that's for sure! I love all of you! Can't wait for next years Festival so I can be with all of you again!

God Bless! Good Health and Prosperity! A Hui Hou! Malama Pono.....

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2003 :  11:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Bill,

This place is not the same without your enthusiastic posts full of smiley faces. We're so relieved to read that you're feeling better. Keep getting better, slackkey B-.

It was great seeing you in June, but we have to come back to hear you play. Until then...
Andy

Ps. Lynette says hi and wants to say, "!!!" from us.
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  02:31:21 AM  Show Profile
E Bill,

Lynnette said it, !! Now to get that shoulder working again!

Aloha,

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  05:18:48 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Slackkey Bill--

I just wanted to mention that I used to have similar pain in my right shoulder--really bad. I started taking something I get from "Alive And Well" over on the corner of Hana Hwy and Hanakai street in Kahului (near the propane gas place)--Glucosamine-Chrondriton-MSM -- it's kind of expensive, but man, it's worth it. I have no more pain. I started taking a couple tablets a day but now only take one in the morning. They have it also at "Mana Foods" which is in your neighborhood. Might help. Hope you are back in Waihe'e jamming form soon! One of these days I'm going to get out of the jungle and join you all!

Aloha--keep getting better.

Duke
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  3:24:59 PM  Show Profile
Aloha slackkey Bill!
I miss your colorful posts! I hope you're feeling better!
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2003 :  05:37:01 AM  Show Profile
Aloha My T/P Ohana!

Just wanted to let you all know, that I'm still alive and kicking! And if you haven't already read my previous post, I joined the Waihe'e Slackers, for a spell....But I just could not... not be able to just listen to everyone play, I had to get in to it as well!

It was really nice ....sore but nice...I'm still trying to get the right shoulder going again. But to be able to pick-up Dr. Eli's and Kawika's kika, felt soooooo good! All tho I only played for a spell....."Cause after a bit, my shoulder would begin to THROB.. However, I did not let my shoulder get in the way....Got to jus'Press, Sing couple songs, and had a blast doing a medley in C-tuning with "Bruddah" Kevin Brown!

Time right now in Hawaii (Maui) is 11:30 in the evening, and I think I hear my Wife's car. My truck needs to be moved so she can park hers inside. So! Until my next posting...Take care all! God Bless, Good Health and Prosperity! "Andy! Looking forward to yours and Lynette's return to Maui...You too Keith! And all the rest of you too"! Love You All!

slackkey Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000