Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 C'mon Folks! Vote for a logo!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  10:26:15 AM  Show Profile
I am kinda surprised that there are only 44 total votes out of 356 registered members. That's only 12% of the potential voters. That's lots less than the percentage of eligible voters who voted for the yo-yos in the CT legislature (and none of them are nearly as pretty - or logical). And it has been a couple of weeks now.

I know that there are some people that just check in once in a long while or just once. But, if there are people who haven't noticed the poll or don't know how, just click on "Active Polls" at the top of the web page and select the Logo poll.

Then, click *first* to vote (after viewing the logo candidates, of course)and then you will see the current results.

So, be concerned citizens and vote. After all, this will be the symbol that represents you for as long as you choose to be a member of this `ohana.

Plus, if you don't vote, you don't get to whine and complain about the eventual winner (which is the normal American behavior pattern).

...Reid

Dana
Akahai

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  12:03:44 PM  Show Profile
would love to vote...but no can figa out how! I guess i wen look at da results befoa voting, now, no can vote! But...I like #1 da bes...

Dana

Go to Top of Page

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  1:10:26 PM  Show Profile
I've voted, now anxiously awaiting the final results...
Go to Top of Page

ongchua
Akahai

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2003 :  2:39:29 PM  Show Profile
I voted. Maybe some other members aren't that active or just happen to be away on vacation.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  12:37:03 AM  Show Profile
I didn't want to vote because I submitted something.... If I vote for my design it's tacky, if I vote for another design then it looks like I didn't put enough effort into mine! So to keep from getting confused I didn't vote. Heehee. Does that make sense? Of course not. (Just going crazy today, starting to get the heebiejeebies about getting into that big hollow metal tube to fly to Hawai'i and Aloha Music Camp.) Julie
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  12:53:12 AM  Show Profile
Julie,

You did the right thang! You're a better girl than I Gunga Din. If you submitted a piece, then it is 100% ok to vote for your own. But it feels kinda funky, yes? u

Like Reid said, there are lots of registered members out there. Vote Vote Vote!

The 15 or so authors should not make too much of a dent if lots of ohana vote.

All in all, to all who submitted art....
Thank you. Each and every one has its own feeling and place. I looked long at all of them and just like the fact that you people out there care enough and are motivated enough to add something beautiful to this site.

I know I speak for a few others out there when I say that every single submission has it's place in my mind and heart, depending on the situation and or mood when I see them.

That is art. Sometimes I like one, another day, I like another. Each and every one were created for others enjoyment.

That is a gift. Kudos to everyone who submitted.

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  12:54:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
You mean that big rickety hollow tube with the sharp metal things spinning at thousands of revolutions per minute just a few feet away from your body? At least it's safer than the rickety hollow box that hurtles you along at 65mph a few feet above a hard black abrasive surface.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 08/02/2003 12:58:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000