Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 More contributions to our SoundClick page?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  7:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
It's been a while since we've added anything to the TaroPatch SoundClick page. For those of you who are new members, this page is an opportunity for TaroPatch members to let everyone else hear what they sound like.

If you want to participate, just record yourself playing (either a public domain song, your own song, or a song that you have permission to upload from the original artist) and then email me at craig @ patchett.com so we can figure out the best way for you to get the song to me so I can add it to the page. If you don't know how to record yourself, or don't have the tools to do so, let us know by posting here...chances are there's a TaroPatch member nearby who would be willing to help you out or at least give you some advice.

All players are welcome, whether you're a beginner wanting to show off your progress or a professional with a new song...the idea here is not to try and land a record contract but rather to simply share the sweet sounds of ki ho`alu with the rest of the TaroPatch community and to take advantage of the very supportive people who make up our membership. (And believe me, you'll get plenty of support no matter where you are in the learning process.)

Finally, we've almost got enough material at SoundClick to put together a CD for those who want one. If you currently have a song on SoundClick and DO NOT want it included on such a CD, please let me know privately at craig @ patchett.com. I can also remove the MP3 link from your song so it can't be downloaded.

Mahalo!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

ongchua
Akahai

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  9:34:35 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch
All players are welcome, whether you're a beginner wanting to show off your progress ...

I didn't know that this area existed. It's a great resource.

As for this beginner though, I'm going to stay in my practice cocoon for a while until I work up a little further along the rungs of proficiency. Raymond (aka RJS) knows my skill level and I've still got a ways to go.
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  11:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Ongchua....

Let me just throw this out there in the ether. There is 1 of you, and 1000 more hoping to be like you someday...in respect to their guitar playing. For every soul who takes the plunge to learn something new...there are 999 more out there wishing they had.

Lucky to you that you ran into Raymond. His love for the style will never be diminished. Ya found someone enthusiastic about slackkey...run with it.

Few things would make us happier here at Taropatch than to hear someone with a few weeks or months of experience in a recorded format.
'Cause we've all been there, or still are. It's about stepping up and taking the plunge. Not you personally, but in general. If you like Hawaiian guitar....hey, you ran into Raymond. What are the chances of that?

Taropatch is so all about someone who knows a couple of chords and isn't afraid to show it. Because they want to know so much more.

Peace to you,
Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  11:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Mike is dead on. If you, or anyone else are willing to share your inexperience but would like a safer place to do so, I would be willing to host a simple page on my own Web site that would be for beginners only...those of you who aren't at the point where you feel comfortable posting a song on SoundClick but are at a point where you feel good enough about your progress that you'd like to share, or where you're stuck and want some feedback. A place where it's OK to suck, in other words.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  11:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Taropatch is so all about someone who knows a couple of chords and isn't afraid to show it. Because they want to know so much more.
Right on cmdr. For that, no emoticons in this post from me.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  2:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK, we have not one or two but three more additions to our SoundClick page, all original compositions: Seven Steps from Greg Motlasz (rd2ruin), Kukana's Mele from Hollis Landrum (bluzdulcimer), and Ironwood Moon from Konabob. Check them out when you have a chance and mahalo to Greg, Hollis, and Konabob for contributing them.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/04/2003 4:01:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000