Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Aloha in the Redwoods! 9-14-03, La Honda, CA!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  02:03:33 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Please mark your calendars for Aloha in the Redwoods September 14, 2003 - with BWOP and the Wing Ohana Band, Clean Set, Patrick Landeza, Hula Dancers, and a Potluck Luau! Here is a link to more info:
http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha

This event is a Benefit for La Honda Educational Foundation, which funds teachers salaries, teachers aides, art & music programs at La Honda Elementary School.

Tickets for Aloha in the Redwoods are on sale for $20 in advance, and $25 at the gate. Children's tickets cost $10. For ticket information, please click the above link or email Karen Shaff at aloha @ karenshaff.com

My friend Karen Shaff is organizing this event. The lovely watercolor painting you see at the link for the flyer was done by Karen while she and her husband lived on Moloka'i. Karen attended our Bay Area Kanikapila in May and last year she helped organize George Kahumoku Jr.'s workshop and gig at The Merry Prankster Cafe in La Honda. Mahalo Karen.

Hope to see you there!

Edited by - Stacey on 08/10/2003 11:02:51 PM

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  12:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Stacey,
Thank you for posting this. You got all the details, but left out that I (and my ohana) are opening for Patrick. I owe you money, o wot??
A'ole pilikia. Looking forward to seeing you at the show!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  3:31:23 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e bwop!
Thanks for the heads up that you & your ohana are opening up for Patrick Landeza at Aloha in the Redwoods! That is wonderful news to me! Sorry I didn't have that info previously. Please contact Karen Shaff at the above link & email for tickets, but since you're on the bill, you probably don't need a ticket. I look forward to meeting you and hearing you play.
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  02:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

I AM SO VERY SORRY PETER, please forgive me for not getting your name in the last Aloha in the Redwoods posting!!!

And thanks Stacey for promptly posting my message.

Yes folks it is true, BWOP and his Ohana Band will open the show for Patrick Landeza on September 14 at Aloha in the Redwoods benefit for La Honda Education Foundation (LHEF)!!

Stay tuned for more exciting, inviting, surprise updates too! This event is getting better by the day!

We are also printing up an Aloha in the Redwoods Cookbook of favorite Luau & Potluck Recipes to be available at the event (or maybe sooner) to help raise funds for the LHEF as well. These may also be ordered ahead of time...email me! Maybe there's a recipe in there you want to make for the POTLUCK LUAU?

If you have recipes, there may (?) still be time/space to submit them. Email me with recipes and I will forward them to the person in charge if you want me to.

Mahalo and stay tuned!!!

Karen

Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  02:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha,

What do people think about having a Kanikapila after Patrick Landeza finishes on stage at Aloha in the Redwoods, say from 5-7 pm or so?

Would that be too much for one late Sunday afternoon?

We had talked about doing it before the event, which may also be a possibility. But maybe everyone would be inspired after and want to grab their ukes and guitars and start jammin'?

Just a thought...

karen
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  12:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

Wow, I appreciate you guys putting together this Birthday celebration for me, but I won't be able to make it.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2003 :  8:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
I can't wait guys!! This sounds like so much fun!!! Peter looking forward to hearing you!!

Aloha!
Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
www.landezapresents.com
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile
Just 2 more weeks til Aloha in the Redwoods on September 14th!
http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha
Save yourself $5 a ticket by ordering in advance from Karen Shaff:
aloha @ karenshaff.com
Mahalo for organizing this event, Karen!!!
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  12:36:41 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Hooray! This Sunday, 9-14-03, is Aloha in the Redwoods in La Honda, CA! That's just up West Hwy 84.

Community potluck 12 noon; Live Music and Hula begins at 1:00pm

PATRICK LANDEZA will be headlining!
BWOP & THE WING OHANA BAND will open the show playing Ki Ho'Alu with a La Honda Twist!
Followed by, CLEAN SET, a Trio of Slack Key, ukelele, and flute playing in an acoustic Island-Folk-Reggae style!

Kalua pork is being donated by ONO HAWAIIAN GRILL of Half Moon Bay.

Live and Silent AUCTION throughout the breaks.

Check the website to get the latest updates:
http://www.karenshaff.com./aloha

Mahalo!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000