Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 speaking of Keola Beamer...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  11:07:51 AM  Show Profile
Nice paragraph about Keola Beamer in Wayne Harada's entertainment column (Honolulu Advertiser).

Keola Beamer's "Mohala Mou" CD is dancing out of the record stores. Borders' national office initially ordered 450 CDs, but local distributors had problems meeting the demand. More CDs will be here in time for Beamer's two O'ahu concerts (Aug. 23 at Paliku Theatre at Windward Community College, Aug. 30 at Diamond Head Theatre). There's also a run on Beamer's book, "The Shimmering," which has become required reading for all incoming freshman at his alma mater, Kamehameha Schools, causing a slight in-store problem last Friday at Borders Kahului, which had only one copy left. His Maui Arts and Cultural Center show Saturday was sold out, and among those applauding were singer Emma Veary and KGMB's Guy Hagi and Kim Gennaula. And with 82 signed up, Beamer's Aloha Music Camp (with sessions in hula, slack key guitar and Hawaiian culture with the Beamer 'ohana at Kalani Honua Eco Resort in Puna the day after his Saturday night show at Kahilu Theatre) is sold out. Beamer also appears at a talk-story session from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at Cook's Discoveries in Waimea. ...

(82 folks to be at this year's AMC...cozy!)

-- auntie maria

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000