Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Button Button who has the Buttons
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2003 :  8:26:29 PM  Show Profile

Just Curious, but has anyone made buttons for the Aloha Music Camp Campers? It starts Monday and the original Logo Contest was for buttons for the Campers to identify themselves, if you follow the threads. So did someoen make buttons and will they be used for the Camp?

I am not going so this does not affect me much, which is why it is a curosity question.

In any case I hope the taropatch representatives at AMC have a great time and report back their experiences!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  12:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Time constraints made the button idea impossible for AMC. My alternative was to print stickers which are currently in transit to the Big Island. I am hoping that they reach Mark Nelson's hands by tomorrow or at least before camp is out.

The design for the sticker includes the logo that currently has the highest number of votes. It is unfortunate that the buttons were not ready for the camp, but buttons are definitely still in the plans.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  12:19:02 AM  Show Profile
Andy, stickers were a fantastic idea.

Write me at my e-mail, and I will help you defer some of the costs
Hell, better yet, I just realized there is a contribute section on the site. I'm a gonna go there!

Cool idea. I hope they make it in time. Got what a week or so?
Little things like that mean a lot.

By the way....who is the artist for the winning entry?

Mike

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  12:28:31 AM  Show Profile
Just realized the 'support TaroPatch' section are link thru sites.
Back to what I said, Andy write me at my address. Do it..do it now.!!

You went thru the effort to produce this, and that says A LOT. I actually have one of Mark Nelson's 'guitar glyph guys' (ggg) on the side of my Jeep. Looks pretty friggin cool.

Something small like a sticker from TaroPatch suddenly is pretty important when you see it on say...your truck, in the middle of January, during a cold, nasty, goopy , dark day.

Takes you back. To August.

And that is worth the price of admission

CmdrPiffle

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  7:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Andy, Nice surprise to receive taropatch.net stickers at camp and I imediately pasted same on my guitar case. Was proud to do so. Mahalo, Sulle'
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  02:26:51 AM  Show Profile
Still like the pin idea, too.
Raymond
san JOse
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  09:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Hey sulle,

I did not know you went to Puna. Had a great time?

FYI, the stickers I made were a quick homemade job for AMC attendees. I have no idea how long it'll stay on sulle's guitar case. I still need to research decent quality stickers.

The buttons have been ordered and should be in my hands within the next 3-5 business days. I still have not figured out cost/shipping per button yet but am anxious to put one on my guitar strap.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  11:03:44 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Hi Andy,
We had a great time in Puna. Just can't seem to get enough. Already thinking about next year's camp in the new location. Sorry you couldn't make it this year but hope to see you at the next one.
btw the sticker stayed on the case just fine during it's first trans pacific flight. Sulle'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000