Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Not again with the "makana"...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  3:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
E kala mai for being one pakiki head, but as yet not a single person has sent me anything to include in George Kahumoku's "memories of the mainland" book. Some of you must have something to say. E-mail stories to me, or send pictures wot-evah way it pleases you. The man deserves some thanks.
Mahalo nunui.

Bwop

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  5:28:46 PM  Show Profile
Sorry brah,

We are tryin to get together some stuff, but we are
rushin round like you know what kind chicken. Still
have not been able to download Cynthia digital cam
into the PC. I know your timing is tight. Spent most
of yesterday working with G&N on related projects.

What is your absolute DROP DEAD date?

...LB

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  12:39:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Ok, I just emailed you one photo Bwop. Also putting a different real photo and short note in the mail tomorrow. Hoping my last minute efforts may inspire others to submit if they were so inclined. Even a quick email to Bwop should do the trick.

Aloha,

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  12:52:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
Just (as in three hours ago) got home after a month away--which included a week with GK. I'll massage the digital pix and send them along as soon as I can get the data off the laptop and into the DSL pipeline. And feel free to use the bit I posted from Augusta a few weeks back. I'll try to add to it before we take off again on Thursday. (Busy summer--I wish vacation were over so I could get some rest.)
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  01:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e bwop!
OK. I just sent you a thank you note for George & a picture I took of him with Nancy dancing at the Merry Prankster Cafe in La Honda, CA. Sorry so late in responding.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  02:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Aloha ahiahi e bwop dude one big ono guy! OK, so I have some really cute photos of George, and Nancy, but darn it, I'm trying to get packed for Aloha Music Camp and still have two noseflutes and one ipu to finish. Not to mention ironing all those Hawaiian dresses!
So, what is your REAL due date? And if you're still planning a going-away dinner, do call me on da kelepono. I'm really going to miss Nancy as she was one of my hula sistas. Sigh.... Julie
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  12:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha kakou,
K'den, absolute date is when I send da buggah off, which will probably be last week of August. Andy and Stacey-- tanks, eh, for your contributions. And all you other slackers sittin' on some great stories about times with George on the mainland-- geeb 'um!
A hui ho!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Ken
Aloha

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  1:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ken's Homepage
BWOP,

Sending da kine story to you about hanging with George.
I'll attach it to an email.

Mahalo,
Ken

Ken Armstrong
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  4:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
E Ken,
Great stories!! Just da kine.
Julie, Lawrence & Cynthia, I'll be looking for yours.
Anybody else??? "I remeber that time you got the guys at the local amory to bring over a flame thrower to start the imu fire...", "remember when we had to shovel snow and you had your slippahs on...", "when they brought you extra mayonaise and you didn't even have to ask...". There have to be thousands of great stories out there-- jot it down and e-mail it to me!
Mahalo nui loa!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  5:02:47 PM  Show Profile

Am sending seven picts out by snail mail today. Still trying to recall some good stories.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  10:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Lawrence & Cynthia, Andy & Lynette-- got your pictures. The book is looking really nice. Perhaps we'll all get to look at it sometime on Mau'i!
Mahalo!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  3:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha kakou!
Russ, got your pics fine! Julie, Aloha Camp is over, talk to me....
This book is looking maika'i no, and I'm sure George and Nancy will really appreciate. LAST CALL-- any others of you have some kind word for George to send along, better do it now.
Mahalo fo' reals.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000