Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 A new luthier's site
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  1:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,

I hope this doesn't come across as spammy even tho I'll post this on several boards. I think you'll enjoy this website of Yusuke Kawakami who builds some very pretty ukuleles: majestyguitar.com, no www.

I heard about it from Rob Bustos who builds very pretty guitars; both Rob and Yusuke are former Larrivee employees now building on their own and sharing a workshop in Vancouver, BC. Like Rob, I have no financial interest, &c., &c.

Here's the email I received.

Hi Pauline,

I know that you are into Ukes, and thought I'd pass the link to Yusuke Kawakami's new web site on to you. http://majestyguitar.com/

I know that Yusuke could use a little feedback on it from Ukulele fans, and so I thought of you. There still seems to be some known technical difficulties
[I saw none], but I think he's got a pretty nice website, overall. Right now, Yusuke deals solely with a store in Tokyo, but is hoping to sell directly in North America. I admire Yusuke's work and his dedication, and really want to see his business grow, but I assure you that I have no affiliation with his company, financially.

Best regards,

Rob Bustos

Paragon Guitars

Aloha,

Pauline

pough
Aloha

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  3:11:30 PM  Show Profile
I found this site while I was looking for the chords to "Tonight You Belong to Me," as performed by Steve Martin in the Jerk. Then I had a look around and found this topic. I was surprised and delighted to find out about ukuleles that look as amazing as the ones on this luthier's website. I was also happy that he lives in the same city as me!

A few emails later and I got to visit him at his workshop (which is actually just a small space in Paragon's workshop.) He's an incredibly nice guy and his ukes look and sound as beautiful as you could imagine from the pictures on the website!

I brought a camera with me and took some pictures of his prototype UK-45. http://www.joshgemmell.com/majesty
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  4:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Pauline,

You're never spammy! Cool link and beautiful looking instruments. Drool...

pough - thanks for your additional photos. It's a small world. Thanks for sharing.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  5:45:02 PM  Show Profile
Pough, I had to look twice, the uke looks just like a mini-Martin dreadnought, belly bridge and all! Nope, only 4 pegs.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

pough
Aloha

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  8:06:50 PM  Show Profile
Yeah! Apparently a client asked him to make a copy of a Martin D-45 and this is the prototype. Normally he uses koa or mahogany, sometimes maple just because he's in Canada.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000