Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Jake Shimabukuro in San Jose!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Curtis Takahashi
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2003 :  5:25:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey all!

Jake Shimabukuro was in San Jose last night at the Hukilau restaurant! He was over at Nikkei Traditions across the street signing autographs (and would sign anything you brought). The show as usual was electric! The man really knows how to pull out the music from the 'ukulele. The new cd is quite inspiring as well! The show went from 730-930 (when we had to vacate the room for a second group of fans). Jake still found the time to pose for pictures and to greet anyone he met! Truly "Mr. Aloha" indeed! Here's hoping he makes it back again soon!

Curtis Takahashi

enr1co
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2003 :  8:07:02 PM  Show Profile
ey Curtis,

Awww man- I would have loved to see Jake again! ( I did get to see Patrick and Co.
though in Berkeley ) I totally missed any listing or news for this Jake event :^(

Saw him in SJ J Town last year for a workshop he conducted at the community center there (I forget the name?). He also did the signing at Nikkei traditions. Ditto on your comments! He is Mr Aloha- a total class act as a person and virtuoso!

e
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000