Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 North Bay Kanikapila in Sebastopol Sat. Sept. 6th
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  4:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha,

We'll be hosting a Kanikapila here in Sebastopol this coming Saturday, the 6th.
Very short notice I know; but come if you're able. We'll get going some time between 2 and 3 PM. I think we'll have some fresh blood around 5-6, so we'll have another round then.

We'll make a big batch of Polenta, cold pasta, etc.; bring what you like.

We have at least one spare bedroom if you'd like to stay-over Saturday; first-come first-served.

I'm 5 miles West of Sebastopol, with easy access via Petaluma(Western Ave. to Hwy 1) or Gravenstein Hwy.(116) at Cotati.

I'm about 10 miles from Bodega Bay, and the beaches.

If you like back-roads, I can e-mail alternate routes.

The address is:

(Removed)
Sebastopol, CA 95472

Yahoo Map:
REMOVED

Yahoo Text-Only Directions from 101:
REMOVED

These directions are basically good, but Yahoo leaves-out a couple tricky turns in the road, so call.

What the Yahoo map won't show is what happens once you find the mailbox.

Details:
From the mailbox you'll proceed down 1/2 mile of private paved road, cross one cattleguard, the road turns to (good) gravel, stay to your right for 1/4 mile, a valley of redwoods/sheep should be on your left, cross the second cattleguard and turn right immediately up the hill. There's an address sign and you'll see hundreds of naked ladies (sorry guys, the flowers, the flowers!) and you'll see the house.

Please e-mail me for my phone if you plan to come.

Ross

Edited by - rossasaurus on 09/12/2003 02:27:15 AM

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  9:40:17 PM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Sounds like great fun, Ross! Thanks for the invite, but I'll have to catch ya next time. I hope you get a good turn out.
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2003 :  03:38:14 AM  Show Profile
ROSS! I think the 7th is on Sunday! So which day is it really? Julie
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  12:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Julie,
I'm havin' a hard time with those dates, aren't I?
It's Saturday the 6th
Dan Sythe is flying-in Wednesday, so he'll be our guest of honor; He has a board meeting 'til 5 Saturday, and will come just afterward.
Thanks for catching my "sometimers moment"(not all-timers), as Cyril says.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  02:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Ross:

gonna be there bye n bye. on Saturday, sure. <G>

cathe
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  4:31:55 PM  Show Profile
hey Ross,
sounds good to me; see you saturday.

Allan

P.S. I've been trying to get in touch with you, gimmie a call at 415-388-7641.

b3d
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  03:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha ,

Stacey, you're welcome. We'll meet again somewheres.

CatheGlass; I'll give you a ring Mañana(Thursday). Mike can't make it; family gathering for them. Look forward to hearing your chops after Beamer Camp.

Allan; excellent! Sounds like a carpool possibility.

alrighty den,
Ross

Edited by - rossasaurus on 09/04/2003 03:42:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  01:36:59 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha TP Ohana,

We had a great time here in the North Bay last night!

The slack key circle started earliest, then we moved inside for some hula, some hapa-haole, then our mini-choir; Paula, Lily, Cathe and myself sang Akaka Falls and on and on until about 2 AM Sunday!! I think Allan was the holdout, still lulling us with his 'C ' Mauna Loa stylings at 1:30!

Thanks to all who came from all-over the bay; John and Clay from the Bay, Allan and Cathe from Mill Valley, Dan from Maui, the hula sistahs from Graton(Sibyl, Nancy(s), Cathy, Peter, Ron and Carol), and my choir mates from Na Leo Nahenahe, Paula and Lily from Berkeley. I think there were about 16-20 of us all together.

Dan taught me to dance Ulupalakua a couple nights ago(at 1 in the AM) so we broke the ice with our hula.

Allan brought some ono Kalua pig(his first attempt evah, mmmmmm). Allan, you come my house anytime! he told me he was worried he'd find a house full of vegans. We just had a midnight snack of da pig tonight! so no worry there.

Hopefully somebody'll put some pictures up from last night.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  12:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ross and every one else that showed up at the Sebastapole Kanikapila thank you thank you for each wonderful moment. What a great day!

Allan

P.S. got home at 3:oo am. still managed to get up at 7:oo am. and take my son to stinson beach for his 1st surfboard time....he went the whole distance and stood up.It seemed that the great day just went on and on.

MAHALO NUI!

b3d

b3d
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  01:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Hey there Allan!

Happy to hear you had a great time at the beach with your son; I was wondering how you were holding-up with so little sleep.

see ya,
Ross

Edited by - rossasaurus on 09/10/2003 01:40:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2003 :  01:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Ross,

Sorry we could not make it to your kani. Too many Crazy things going on right now to make it on short notice. We will meet again soon somewhere I am sure.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000