Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Sorry, kanikapila in Santa Cruz area cancelled
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  01:46:13 AM  Show Profile
Aloha friends, sorry, but because of health issues, I will not be able to host an October kanikapila in the Santa Cruz Redwoods. Hopefully, Diane and Jerry will have one in Vacaville as Diane has mentioned. Julie

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  02:20:56 AM  Show Profile
Hope it's not very serious.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  03:48:20 AM  Show Profile
Hope all will be well! Anything we can do? I know the rest of the taropatch ohana's will be here for you, For what every you might need.

Ke Akua Pu
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  03:50:10 AM  Show Profile
E Kala Mai..... meant to say..."Ever"

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Stacey
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  12:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Julie,
So sorry! I hope you get well soon soon!!!!! Malama pono!
Go to Top of Page

dfpet
Aloha

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  01:13:53 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Julie,
Hope the health issues resolve soon so you and Larry can make it to Vacaville for our Kanikapila in Oct (see new post). Thinking of you! Take care, Diana

Diana
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2003 :  6:42:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Julie,
Aue no ho'i! Aloha no! E malama pono!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

konno
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  02:03:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,

I'm new to the taropatch. I live in Felton just down the road from you. I've taken a few of george kahumoku's classes in Ben Lomond and have also messed around with slackey on and off for a while. I currently play around town in a classic rock band- playing bass. I have also played bass for the women's vocal group "Voices of the Valley". Maybe you've heard of them.

After you get your health back, which I hope is soon, I would love to come to one of your jams and play either bass or guitar.

Regarding the Les Paul, while they are beautiful guitars, however, they are heavier than hell and playing one for several sets, has caused me back problems. What your son might want to also think about-does he want a humbucking sound (Gibson)or a single coil sound (Fender). I would go to Off shore music on Capitola (41st ave.)and talk to Rick. he has a good selection of both types and he's a good guy. And you'll have to purchase and amp too.

Sorry for rambling, its just exciting knowing somebody is right here that might be able to help me improve. Hope to hear for you soon- david
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  12:32:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi David, we may have met, my husband Larry and I kept going to George's beginning slack-key classes in Ben Lomond. Can't get better if you have no time to practice! If you are going to be playing with the "Voices of the Valley" next Sunday at the Hammer-Marcum Award luncheon, we will meet again. (Larry and I are recipients this year.)
Come up and talk to us, aloha no, Julie
Go to Top of Page

konno
Aloha

2 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2003 :  11:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi julie,

Congrats on the Hammer Marcum award. That's quite an honor. i will not be playing with "Voices" but I might come by to say howzit. Again congratulations to both of you.

david

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000