Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 classical GAS pains
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Stringbreaker
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  5:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stringbreaker's Homepage
I have a nice compromise myself. The first instrument I ever had that was real was made by John Mello ( try www.johnfmello.com ) and it was a low tension steel string guitar built in an exact classical manner, complete with short scale neck and fan bracing. I use GHS Silk and Bronze strings, swapping the top two fromm 11 to 12 and 14 to 16.
It sounds awesome! I have since obtained two more instruments from him and both are unbelievable. He is a classically trained luthier and makes incredible "real" classical guitars as well. But, the only nylon I use on a regular basis is my ukelele...

Crazy Man Tuning
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  7:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi admirable,

i went lost on your question but i'll try to answer.

my breedlove with the plastic jobber is a walnut CW/R (cutaway, moderately thick body, plastic jobber) and the one i was admiring in buffalo braddahs is a N25E (does the E mean "expensive"?) i think that this is the one here:

http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/buffalobros_06_02_03/08_ngb12354_breed_n25e/index.html

i didn't get a chance to really test drive it, like tuning it down to taropatch, but i think that it had a good sustain. i noticed that the fretboard felt nice to me, it was smooth to play, and the bass was very good.

all good questions, i think i'll go take another look, just for academic purposes only.

aloha,
keith

Edited by - marzullo on 09/10/2003 7:35:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

bluespiderweb
Akahai

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  01:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Aloha All,
Does anyone know what model guitar Moses Kahumoku used to record his Ho'okupu "The Gift" CD? There is a picture of it(the headstock is distinctive)in the booklet, but no mention of it besides that. It really has a great acoustic sound.
Any help is welcome! Mahalo! I'm going to list this separately, in case this is missed.

Koaniani,
Ola, Barry

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000