Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Hawaiian Interlude: Jonnie Aluani & His Orchestra
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Will
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2003 :  8:04:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Will's Homepage
I grew up with this album which my dad purchased, circa 1960. It's one of my favorites albums of all time, and I recently remastered the LP with my computer, took out the scratches and made a CD for posterity. It's mostly instrumental, with a mixture of Hawaiian and hapa haole music, featuring dueling leads between Hawaiian steel guitar and electric guitar. On a few of the songs, there's an almost rockabilly feel to the music. The rhythm section features acoustic guitar, acoustic bass, and at least 2 ukuleles. Oddly, there is no photo of Jonnie Aluani or the band, nor credits for the musicians. Eleven tunes include: Red Sails In The Sunset, Harbor Lights, Aloha Oe, Drowsy Waters, Hawaiian War Chant, Hawaiian Holiday, Hawaiian Starlight, Luau Lei, To You Sweetheart Aloha, Hawaiian Love Song, and Kula Ha.

HAWAIIAN INTERLUDE
http://www.hakushouse.com/images/TF99/9120003.jpg

Will
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000