Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Jan. 10-11 Oahu & Jan. 12-20 Big Island
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rosemary
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2003 :  11:53:24 PM  Show Profile
We are coming to the islands, looking to hear some slack key music in Oahu on Jan. 10-11 any suggestions? Then on to the Big Island Jan. 12-20 and would like to jam with some local slack key musicians also looking for places to hear the music.

Rosemary & Big Badger

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  11:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
On the Big Island you can catch John Keawi at the Bamboo Restaurant in Hawi. Call and ask what nights he is playing. I play
slack key on a weissenborn steel guitar. Write me via this board and I will see if there are some ways we can get together.
On Oahu, you can catch Led Kaapana on Tuesday nights at Kapono's in the Aloha Tower Marketplace. He does not stick to slack key, but is always intertaining.
-aloha,
Konabob
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  01:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Just recently so I think they are still playing-- Sunday eves- George Kuo, Martin Pahinui and Aaron Mahi were playing at Marriott at the end of Waikiki Beach -- and Sat. eves Jerry Santos/Olomana were playing at Hilton. Good group but not slack key Pai'ea were playing at the Steak House across from Kapono's at Aloha Tower also on Sat eves.
Don't forget to check the listings at mele.com
Raymond
San Jose
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  4:14:58 PM  Show Profile
Forgot to mention -- don't forget to look up who's playing at Chai's Island Bistro
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2003 :  9:37:39 PM  Show Profile
I am scattered today - have you thought of giving John Keawe a call when you're on the Big Island? He does give private lessons.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000