Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Happy Thanksgiving!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

David
Akahai

92 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  4:33:35 PM  Show Profile  Send David an ICQ Message
We are thankful for sunshine, for wind and for rain.
We are thankful fro taro and tall sugar cane.
We are thankful for rice, for fish and for poi,
For all of God's gift and Thanksgiving joy.

It's good to have a day for counting blessings.
Hope this day is wonderful for the Taropatch clan and their loved ones.

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2003 :  10:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I went to the Macy's Thanksgiving parade in NYC for the first time in 31 years. 55 degree weather and my wife's urgings got me to brave the crowds. It was a great time.

I am thankful for many things this year, and witnessing the aloha cultivated here is one of them. Mahalo to all those who read and post here. Much aloha to you and yours.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving greetings, David.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  01:22:49 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow taropatchers, truly there are so many things to be thankful for, and the fellowship and aloha here is one of the best....
Mahalo Andy for supporting the site, mahlo to all for your interesting and informative posts.....

cathe
Go to Top of Page

AuntyD
Aloha

24 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2003 :  01:30:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyD's Homepage
Aloha e ku`u mau hoa aloha hou ma ka lo`i,
Aloha to my new friends in the taropatch,

Though my Thanksgiving Day wishes are late, I wish you and yours a happy Thanksgiving weekend. Before I stopped by to check what was up in the lo`i, I had just put up pictures of last night's dinner with our `ohana. You're starting to feel like `ohana, so I thought I'd share our Hawaiian-style Thanksgiving with you:
http://hwneye.fotopages.com/?entry=20382

For those craving poi, sorry about making you drool. I would share with you if I could. Really, I would.

After dinner, the `ohana kanikapila'd the evening away. Mostly hapa haole tunes, but the Hilo folks made sure they sang Hilo March, 100% in Hawaiian. "`Ike hou ana i ka nani a`o Hilo..."

I'm grateful for this wonderful site. Mahalo e Andy and taropatchers.

Me ka Mahalo,
Aunty D http://hawaiianlanguage.com

Edited by - AuntyD on 11/29/2003 01:31:46 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000