Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Lyrics
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  5:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Does anyone know the name and have the lyrics to the song about Kauai where the first verse goes: Aloha Mokihana pua o Kauai,
(da da da daaaa?) meka maile lau lii lii. I'ts one of my favorite songs but I can't find the words anywhere. Thank you for your time..

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  7:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,

I found this information cached on Google:

***********************************************************************************

Aloha Kaua'i

Maiki Aiu

This lovely song composed by the late Maiki Aiu is her "gift of aloha" to hospitable friends of Luana, on the island of Kaua'i.

Aloha Mokihana, pua o Kaua'i                                                       
(Beloved is the Mokihana flower of Kaua'i)

Wili 'ia me ka mailelauli'ili'i                                                              
(Entwined with the small-leaf maile)

He u'i onaona he aloha wau ia 'oe                                                   
(Beauty and subtle fragrance, my love)

Me ia'u me 'oe i ka pu'uwai                                                            
(You are ever in my heart.)

Aloha no o Kaua'i                                                                          
(Great is my affection for Kaua'i)

Luana ho'okipa malihini                                                                  
(Luana, a home where hospitality awaits the visitor)

Puana kaulana ka inoa o Kaua'i                                                      
(My songs ends with praise and honor for you, o Kaua'i)

Ha'aheo he nani hiwahiwa                                                               
(Proud of your precious beauty.)

************************************************************************************

Hope that helps!

Debbie B
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2003 :  8:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
So cool, I knew I could find help here in the patch. Thank you so very much Debbie. Hope to return the favor someday. Have a wonderful holiday season everyone! Alohas!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000