Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Aloha
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  03:38:34 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all...

Funny how things work sometimes.
I have not been able to get on this site for some time, due to the fact that my ISP is a POS. (all better now)
I have been eagerly reading the last 3 months worth of submissions wishing I was there. But alas, my server is evil.

I was at my lowest earlier today, this evening in fact. I've been working too many hours, sleeping too little...you all know the drill.

I'm walking thru a dark parking lot in Santa Cruz, waiting for my Jill to show up from work so we can get some dinner.

I hear a friendly voice, coming from a lady who was walking towards her truck in the parking lot...."hey...I know you!"

I turned towards the voice, I knew her instantly. It was Julie.
Julie Hendriks. I was so comflabulabgated!!! I couldn't speak.!!

I was way too far into myself thinking of the long cold rainy winters and dark nights. This that and the other...

Then, outta the blu..uhh black actually, was Julie.

We talked in the parking lot for 10 minutes or so. Jill drove up right as we met.

Moral of the story is, no matter how bad it gets sometimes, there are beautiful souls out there who can guide you towards higher just by their being.

I was SO disconnected from all things aloha and warm until tonight.

When I needed it the most, and did'nt even know it...Aloha blessed me.

To top it all off, I was able...after 6 tries, to connect to TaroPatch. All in all a minor miracle.

I may not have much luck connecting again till I change ISP/s, but in the meantime, I remember how much connecting with everyone on TaroPatch means to me. You remember too well when you can't do it.

To everyone who reads this site....warm thoughts and aloha to you.

As Jill and I went into the noodle shop, Julie leaned out her window driving away...and said 'aloha'... and left.

It meant so much.

Mele Kalikimaka

CmdrPiffle

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  03:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
From Aunty D's site:

Aloha [Alo = presence, front, face] + [hâ = breath]: "The presence of (Divine) Breath."

It's always nice to experience the breath of God! Mele Kalikimaka, indeed.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  09:09:50 AM  Show Profile
Yup, good things happen, often when you least expect it (or when Julie is around :-). And, those good thing almost always are because of other people.

As Sarah and I are leaving the country this week (to visit with friends), I'll take this opportunity to wish all of our friends *here* a long, happy and prosperous life - not just a holiday season.

Me ke aloha,

Reid and Sarah
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  11:06:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey Mike, talk about synchronous event!

Welcome back.

Dusty

Edited by - wdf on 12/16/2003 11:07:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  11:41:10 PM  Show Profile
Yikes Dusty!!!! Where did you dig up that photo?
Yes, it was really cool running into Mike in that dusky parking lot, I had not heard from him or seen him in a long time. Don't we get to know the nicest people through our music workshops, TaroPatch.net, and our aloha spirit? AND I got to meet the elusive Jill, what a nice surprise.
I want to wish everyone a happy holiday season, no matter how you celebrate it, or what your religion is. And even if times are rough because of things that have occurred throughout the year, it is a time for reflecting on the good things in life, and the wonderful people we've had a chance to relate to throughout the year. Mele Kalikimaka! Julie
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2003 :  1:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Julie sez:
quote:
Yikes Dusty!!!! Where did you dig up that photo?

It's from the Hi`ilawe segment of the student performance at the 2002 Aloha Camp. Here's a link to the full picture I cropped.
Hi`ilawe Hula

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  01:54:23 AM  Show Profile

Ah, Piffle!

What a heart-warming story, and who else but Julie to cheer you onward........
Write when you can, you're in our hearts and our aloha,
Mele kalimaka to you and all the taropatch.....

oh! about that book? be in touch? me ke aloha

cathe
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  01:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Cathe,

Aloha, I am on for a few mins at least!!

Write me at piffle7 @ hotmail.com I'll give you my number. This e mail thang aint working on my computer. I can only connect very rarely on this site.

The 'book' is ready to be delivered or mailed with a large dose of humility for making you wait so long.

Write, write, write....yes!

Anybody else also...please!!!

Mike
'

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000