Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Another year Approaching:
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2003 :  2:21:30 PM  Show Profile
I've been a member of TaroPatch since 2001. Another year is approaching, Besides.... Akua, and my Ohana, Taropatch has played a big part of my life. It has help me to learn more about life, and music. I was also fortunate to meet a lot of you, and make new friends.

It's so nice to know what is happening outside of these islands, and to see so many of you helping to spread more of the aloha and culture far beyond it's boundaries. We cannot do it alone here in the islands but with this site, and the people( You )... The word and meaning of ....ALOHA.... will continue for many generations.

I wanted to ..WISH EVERYONE HERE, A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HEALTHFUL NEWYEAR. Andy you must've heard this, a hundred times, well it'll be 101...Mahalo for creating a wonderful site that brought at least half of the world together. And it will continue to grow.

KE AKUA PU.
KEVIN

Kevin K. Brown

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  5:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage
Aloha Kevin and to your Ohana,

God Bless and Thanks for keeping Ki Hoalu Alive and Well.

See you on Maui come January 9, 2004.

Mahalo Braddah....Don Kauli'a

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  5:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha,

Taropatch.net would not be the same without the Maui and Big Island crews! I'm so glad I finally got to meet both Kevin, Don and others this year. Hope to see you guys soon.

Much aloha to you all. Hope you had a good Christmas and have a safe and happy new year's celebration.

Don - I just got a copy of your CD from Richard. Congrats! I cannot wait to give it a listen.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2003 :  4:15:26 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Bruddah Don

How is the Big island? I got called to serve as a juror on the district curcuit court the 9th of January, on Oahu. If the trial is cancelled, I'll be there. Blue Marlin right??? ( CD release party.)

Hey Andy any chance you'll be coming to Maui around that time?

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  06:17:31 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour mes amis,

Sarah et moi sont en La France pour faire une visite aux des amis Francaise. Uh....yes...well..

Although they don't understand lots of Hawaiian over here, we are teaching them a bit, and Sarah has been playing Ki Ho`alu every day for them (and singing, too). So, ALOHA! from a little village near the Med and the Pyrenees Mountains, where the don't have Spam or poi, but the fois gras et fromage (et les vins, aussi) sont tres bonnes. Best wishes to all, and cross your fingers that Homeland Security doesn't cancel our flight home in a few days (as they did to 6 flights from CDG to LAX a few days ago) and that, most importantly, it is peaceful enough for the world, so that there will be no need to.

Me ke le grande Aloha,

Sarah and Reid

Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  07:33:38 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Sarah and Reid

I gotta have Tereva translate to me... ha,ha,
Seems like your doing fine besides the weather
back there. Keep sharing the ki ho'alu and aloha.

Hope to re-unite once again, have a joyous...New Year!

Ke Akua Pu
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2004 :  10:52:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Hi Reid and Sarah, my wife Shirley translated for me... sounds wonderful! Coincidentally, we just spent a day at Mauna Kea beach with Claude Langlois, a Weissenborn steel guitarist from Paris. He and his wife were gracious and told us that we should come to France when my health comes back together. It probably won't be this year. My goals for this year are to keep working on my slack key bass (I have sold 47 so far!) and to make it back to George Kahumoku's workshop in June. I am also very much looking forward to playing some music with the Big Island's hot new slack key artist - Don Kauli'a! The doctor is confident that my chemo will do it's job, and I will be free and clear by June...

Wishing all of you an adventurous and HEALTHY New Year!!
May your strings break before they grow rusty.
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2004 :  1:35:26 PM  Show Profile
Reid

Which village? We were in Cassis for a couple days recently, and it was wonderful! A little chilly, so we spent more time in the cafes.

Eric

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  2:13:05 PM  Show Profile
Aloha e Eric,

[Back in the USA, after a little airplane (I am not sure that F-16s are my friends any more)and counterterror excitement, including being met at JFK by a SWAT team - the French are deeper into the terror war than we are.]

Our friend lives in a little village called Toulouges, which is near Perpignan - Southwest from Cassis and 20 minutes from the Med and 20 minutes from the Pyrenees, near the Spanish border. From his "villa" you can see the snow covered peak of Canigou and pick oranges from his tree. Just up the river Tec (in Catalan), there are a number of 11th century mountain villages built around fort/churches that were created during the Cathar heresy (the then current not-so-legitimate Pope was putting everyone who did not agree with him to death at the time). So, they are really interesting, with winding streets that are more like stairways and all kinds of architectural oddities.

We also made friends with some expat Brits who live really back in the mountains and visted them, too. They even make their own hydro electricity from the rushing mountain streams. Lovely place about 4000 ft. up and you can see the sea - kinda like the view from Kula, except more rugged.

And, yes, the weather was strange - about 45-55 F., but a 35 mph wind blasting down from the north pole on the plain. It was much milder up in the mountains.

We were forced to eat all kinds of things like fois gras entier, duck breast, gorgeous beef and veal, giant shrimp in oil and garlic, oysters, wild deer, about 20 different kinds of fish, 40 different cheeses, and 3 different kinds of wine per day. Rough duty. Oh yeah, Roederer Champagne, Calvados, Armagnac, various eau de vie (love Poire). But, now we are back to a kind of reality.

It is actually nice to live in obscurity again, when only my friends and loved ones know that I am alive, or where I am.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000