Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 And he can cook, too!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  10:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
I'm winding down my career as an office automation manager, and my office threw a retirement party for me on Monday. Naturally I brought a guitar so I could play a few tunes, and naturally I wore an aloha shirt. I was really impressed when I arrived and saw the leis and aloha shirts on many of the guests, but I was knocked for a loop when the luau caterer turned out to be none other than Patrick Landeza!

My buddies and my wife really put one over on me this time. We had a great party - Patrick really is a GOOD cook - noodles and rice and teri chicken and kalua pig - we was a happy bunch a haoles. I played "Monorail Slack Key" of course, and a few other tunes. I had to twist Patrick's arm to get him to play a couple - he did a "Silent Night" that had everybody melting.

That was definitely a party to remember - mahalo Patrick.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  10:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Fran,

Congrats on your retirement. Thanks for letting us in on Patrick's lesser known talents.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  08:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
congrads fran, think of all that spare time you can play guitar now..

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  09:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the Club, Fran. It is great to develop a a life that is dependent only on your own creativity, and I am sure you will be a great success.

A suggestion: you are a great travel and food writer. Think about doing more and letting us all enjoy it again. I am still thinking about your Italian backroad adventures and discoveries.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2003 :  01:08:58 AM  Show Profile
Aloha,Fran!

congrats on your upcoming guitar time and terrific retirement luau. Now, who's that other guy I met who plays great ki ho'aku and is a fabulous pastry chef????? <G> More time to bake now den..

cathe
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2003 :  03:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Had a GREAT time as your caterer!!! Anytime Fran! And Congrats!!!

Aloha,
Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000